Cooling I need the lowest of low profile cooling solutions for AM4... see pics inside

NicTTV

Case Bender
Original poster
Oct 17, 2017
Hi! First post here on the forum, but I see that there may be some great advice available for me. I am currently working with a commodore C64X chassis, and am trying to make a Ryzen 7 based system fit. the imgur album is here:
The problem is, is that even the Noctua L9A is too tall, so at this point am I out of luck, or does anyone know of any alternatives I could look into, or other things I could do to lower temps?

Thanks in advance!

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
You could try to use the Zalman CNPS2X. You definitely won't have room to overclock, but it is designed to handle a 65W CPU comfortably.

NicTTV

Case Bender
Original poster
Oct 17, 2017
You could try to use the Zalman CNPS2X. You definitely won't have room to overclock, but it is designed to handle a 65W CPU comfortably.
It doesnt look like it is AM4 compatible unfortunately... I was looking at this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dynatron-A18-AMD-AM4-70X15mm-blower-Active-1U-CPU-Cooler-/332326074671 I ordered it just to see, but am still looking for rec's if this one is too loud.

I also undervolted the CPU to 1.1, so there would be no overclocking here.