HTCP Build Help

HomeDope

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
Hi,

I'm planning to build a SFF HTPC (HDR, 4k 60hz). I just wanted to ask if these components work together, I have to experience with Nano/Pico PSU's.

Gigabyte AB350N-GAMING WIFI, Mini-ITX

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G, AM4, 3.5GHz, 4-Core, Boxed

Streacom FC1WS Evo, Mini-ITX

Streacom 160W NanoPsu

+ SSD and 2x4GB DDR4 rams.

Do everything fit together correctly?
Also could I use 120W nanoPSU?

Thanks!

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Everything should fit - however you may have to watch thermals in the chassis. There isn't much in the way of ventilation in there, even for a 65w chip

stree

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 10, 2016
If I was building to that size, look and spec, I would opt for Realan E-W80. ASRock AB350 ITX. G-Unique nano PSU.
OPs options are very much the same, but Streacom has always carried a premium, That Gigabyte board has an awkward layout meaning easy to get a messy cable layout which in turn equals porr airflow/temp control.
The E-W80 is much the same case but at less cost and is very decent quality.
G-Unique over Streacom given that say the quality of the PSU is equal, it is easy to custom specify the cables on ordering to minimise clutter and maximise usefullness.
But each to their own, and good luck!

a13antichrist

Average Stuffer
Apr 20, 2018
I made a build with the same chip, different mobo and 3200Mhz ram so 1.35V; using M.2 ssd to save space on the FF (guessing it also saves a W or two. My original (cheap/garbage) 160W nano PSU didn't work with it but the 65W one that came with the case hasn't shown any problems as yet, although I am still tinkering with it and haven't given it any really serious tasks yet, and also I don't leave it running for very long at a time. So if you use a good-quality PSU, undervolt a little and don't run anything too strenuous for too long, the 120W should be get you by. If you don't like those restrictions then go with 160W as recommended above.

HomeDope

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
Sorry for late reply.

I have chose to use
Streacom FC7 Alpha
160w Streacom NANO-PSU
ASRock AB350 ITX
+ RAM, SSD.

I think those should be good.
Thanks again all

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Is 4k 60Hz with HDR working properly on the AMD chips? Last I heard there were some (possible) issues?

a13antichrist

Average Stuffer
Apr 20, 2018
HDR ain't working for me. I get crashes & blue screens no matter what settings or memory speeds I try. All good & handy at 8bit 4:4:4 60Hz though.

a13antichrist

Average Stuffer
Apr 20, 2018
Windows (10, 1709 & 1803).

- VLC crashes the fastest, often with any x265 video straight away, and then once restarted might play for 2-15 minutes. Also on other systems too actually, not just this one. But on this system it'll sometimes result in BSOD also.
- MPC-HC is more stable, it will often play for up to 60 mins before crashing (with BSOD).
- built-in "Films & VIdeo" is all over the show, sometimes it'll crash almost immediately, sometimes longer, but also often can't read the files properly for some reason. :p

HomeDope

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Apr 22, 2018
Hmm. That's odd. Because for some people everything works fine? If you take a look in motherboard testing thread..