Howdy!

Hello fellow tiny PC people

I've recently decided to try my hand at making my own small case after using an NR200 for ages and just falling down the rabbit hole of tiny cases like the Skyreach 4 Mini, velka 5 and now wanting to try and make something similar to the S4T but capable of taking an SFF PSU

If I don't wind up hating myself for taking on the task I'll likely be sharing updates and the 3d files here for anyone to print or CNC or whatever they would like

Banshee

p.s if anyone has by chance tested any LP coolers (black ridge, etc) with a 5900x at its stock 105w limit, please let me know your temps. Toying with the same height limit and want to see what kind of temps i can expect without kneecapping the CPU to 65w to keep things running cool and quiet or if i need to suck it up and get something far lower power and dealing with the lower performance

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Hello fellow tiny PC people

I've recently decided to try my hand at making my own small case after using an NR200 for ages and just falling down the rabbit hole of tiny cases like the Skyreach 4 Mini, velka 5 and now wanting to try and make something similar to the S4T but capable of taking an SFF PSU

If I don't wind up hating myself for taking on the task I'll likely be sharing updates and the 3d files here for anyone to print or CNC or whatever they would like

Banshee

p.s if anyone has by chance tested any LP coolers (black ridge, etc) with a 5900x at its stock 105w limit, please let me know your temps. Toying with the same height limit and want to see what kind of temps i can expect without kneecapping the CPU to 65w to keep things running cool and quiet or if i need to suck it up and get something far lower power and dealing with the lower performance

Hello @banshee, welcome to the forum!

Please take a moment to read our forum's terms, conditions and rules. It is especially important to read them if you are wanting to buy or sell, as the information you need to gain access to that subforum is all in there.

Also, as part of our community moderation efforts, we don't let new users edit posts or links for a bit, so report your post using the "report" button if you need it deleted/modified (or just post something like "sorry double post above" or "the above post is wrong, here's the updated one:... ").

The report button is also useful if you observe spam or any other suspicious activities going on.

Now going to the problem - I'm not a CPU cooler expert, but reading around I'm not really confident that LP CPU coolers can tame 105 watt CPUs.

(This is assuming LP = something that fits in Skyreach S4 Mini. Of course other "LP" coolers like NH-C14 might be more suitable to the task)

banshee

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
May 17, 2022
Hello @banshee, welcome to the forum!

Please take a moment to read our forum's terms, conditions and rules. It is especially important to read them if you are wanting to buy or sell, as the information you need to gain access to that subforum is all in there.

Also, as part of our community moderation efforts, we don't let new users edit posts or links for a bit, so report your post using the "report" button if you need it deleted/modified (or just post something like "sorry double post above" or "the above post is wrong, here's the updated one:... ").

The report button is also useful if you observe spam or any other suspicious activities going on.

Now going to the problem - I'm not a CPU cooler expert, but reading around I'm not really confident that LP CPU coolers can tame 105 watt CPUs.

(This is assuming LP = something that fits in Skyreach S4 Mini. Of course other "LP" coolers like NH-C14 might be more suitable to the task)
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm based in South Africa so don't know how much buying or selling i would do, but am keen to see peoples creations and hopefully contribute my own

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm based in South Africa so don't know how much buying or selling i would do, but am keen to see peoples creations and hopefully contribute my own

No worries, it's just a default welcome message that's useful for new members.

It should also explain some "weird" forum software behaviors that you might encounter as a newly registered member :)