Howdy from the Desert

Hey all,

Been building pc's for 20 years now. Started with basic boxes, then high performance screamers, then silent rigs, and for the last few years trying to bundle those features into smaller rigs.

1st SFF project was modding a Bitfenix ITX Prodigy to fit an MATX mobo, D14 cooler, with various GPU's. Fun case with decent temps, but couldn't bear the weight, and eventually started falling apart. So I dropped it all in a giant TT V21, but it was way too big. I eventually found a cube that would fit it all at around 1/3rd the size. The Goldenfield N1...16 liters, room for towers, 280mm GPU, and full sized ATX PS. It's a small flimsy cube, but once it was put together, everything felt solid. Only problem was the poorly designed front panel, and my 280mm card was just a smudge too big. So I got to cutting. Now it all fits, and is fairly silent.

Stock:

Stuffed:

After plastic surgery:

Apparently it's about time to upgrade my "ancient" delidded haswell i7 so I'm starting a new project with the old cpu/mobo. Was tempted to sell it, and go with a Ryzen G chip, and deskmini, but decided to try one more build. I looked at a few cases, and different options. I liked those Dell Optiplex after modding one, node 202, some silverstone cases, etc. I ended up choosing the Antec ISK110 because of size, and I have some ideas for it. Just need to figure out what cooler...

Cliffs:
Pics of last build, and I have a new SFF project.

Reactions: Phuncz

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome to the forum ! Nice build, I like the concept of the fan arrangement.

IIF

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Jul 2, 2020
Welcome to the forum ! Nice build, I like the concept of the fan arrangement.
Thx! I originally had the intake in the rear as that gave the freshest air, but the problem was my psu wasn't getting anything from the front "mesh" panel. I swapped to a SFXL, but it didn't help so I did some cuttin'. Opened it up for my 280mm video card too as it was just a tiny bit short. If I had to do it over, I might go with a SFX ps, mounted it horizontal, and ran 2x 120mm intakes in the front. It would be tight, but I think doable. Then again, the front looks decent even though I havent ran the RGB since taking those pics lol.