Howdy!

I'm getting ready to build my very first computer here, which is kind of remarkable since I've been tinkering with them for so long and have done just about everything else but build my own. (In recent weeks I've built my own keyboard, even.)

I've been running primarily Mac systems since about late 1998, and I am running a 2009 Mac Pro (giant aluminum cheese grater) as my primary computer right now, but it seems to me that Apple have lost their way. Thus I find myself getting ready to assemble a new CPU with the intent of running Ubuntu MATE.

It was all very confusing at first, but then I latched onto the Ncase M1. It seems very natural to start with a case that appeals to me and then work out what I can fit into it. I placed my order, and then saw that SFFLAB had a link back to here. So here I am! I have some component lists on pcpartpicker, but I'm not going to buy anything else until I have the case in my hands and examine it. Things should go quickly after that.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome ! I have one of those cheese grater Mac Pro (actually PowerMac G5) as a NAS system for 6 HDDs. but customized from within. I really love their hardware. Even the new Mac Pro is very interesting in my opinion, they've done amazing things and basically showed an amazing capability in efficient design. Though it's not for everyone.

Reactions: Biowarejak