How to fix M.2 boot-drive from showing as removable?

LeDelmo

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Sep 6, 2018
My rear mounted NVMe M.2 boot drive. Is showing as removable.

I would like to fix this. As I am worried I might accidentally hit it while removing USB drives.

Oh, and my Motherboard is a ASRock B450itx "Bios 1.70" and the Boot Drive is a 240Gb Adata SX8200

cleveland

Master of Cramming
Sep 8, 2016
Copy and paste the title of your question on google search engine. The first result might help you, as well as the second, third and fourth results too...

LeDelmo

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Sep 6, 2018
Copy and paste the title of your question on google search engine. The first result might help you, as well as the second, third and fourth results too...

I tried the Device manager method but there is no 'optimize for quick removal' option to uncheck. So my system should be seeing it as just a HDD correct?

I really wanted to avoid doing the modify Registry option if at all possible. And my driver is the latest version as-well.

Also, 'Hot Plug' is disabled in bios. Everything seems to be correct yet it still views it as removable.

Last edited:

LeDelmo

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Sep 6, 2018
UPDATE:

Problem is fixed. I am not entirely sure how. I was in the Bios doing some tweaking and when I booted back in I noticed the remove device was gone. It's possible the Bios update fixed it and I simply didn't notice because my USB drive was plugged in. I also did manage to get my ram up to 3133mhz and it seems to be holding stable.

I guess this thread ended up being wasted. But thanks for the help anyways.

If a Admin sees this feel free to delete this thread.

Reactions: Mortis Angelus

Mortis Angelus

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 22, 2017

I'm probably not speaking for everyone, but imho, this is the kind of answer that annoys the f*** out of me. People come in here to get help, not to get these kind of replies where you pretend you know better because you tell them to just google it. At least link one possible solution and then tell that a googling will yield more results. I mean heck; why do we even have a discussion forum here? We can just google everything, can't we?

UPDATE:

Problem is fixed. I am not entirely sure how. I was in the Bios doing some tweaking and when I booted back in I noticed the remove device was gone. It's possible the Bios update fixed it and I simply didn't notice because my USB drive was plugged in. I also did manage to get my ram up to 3133mhz and it seems to be holding stable.

I guess this thread ended up being wasted. But thanks for the help anyways.

If a Admin sees this feel free to delete this thread.

These kind of threads are good for learning stuff; learning that some issues might be solved by small updates, or that some of them can just be due to user error - like not unplugging your USB-device. :D