Cooling How much ML does the Alphacool Eisbaer LT Solo CPU Pump/Block Combo has?

Tonyblu331

Caliper Novice
Original poster
May 9, 2020
As the thread title says, I am thinking of buying the Alphacool Eisbaer Lt Solo to use it on my Ncase M1 and I want to travel with it as a carry-on. I won't be using a Reservoir at all and I will just be cooling my CPU and my GPU (RTX 3080 when they come out). The TSA limit is about 100ml, does the Alphacool has less than this of coolant volume?

Tuscany

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 26, 2020
What about the liquid in the tubing and the GPU block? Certainly above 100ml.
Not to mention - how will you prove any liquid amount without draining it out? I guess this will be mostly a matter of luck - you either will be able to travel with any amount of liquid inside the loop or they will force you to drain in, even if it is 20ml.

My two cents.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
People have travelled successfully with AIOs, so for sealed cooling systems they might ignore the 100ml limit some times. So if you make your loop look entirely sealed off it might be okay, but YMMV, and you might be forced to drain it also. Anyhow, the 100ml limit only applies to containers with the total internal volume clearly labeled on the container, and these need to be stored in a 1l see-through plastic bag, so it's not like having a very low volume loop will make it compliant.

Reactions: Tonyblu331

Tonyblu331

Caliper Novice
Original poster
May 9, 2020
People have travelled successfully with AIOs, so for sealed cooling systems they might ignore the 100ml limit some times. So if you make your loop look entirely sealed off it might be okay, but YMMV, and you might be forced to drain it also. Anyhow, the 100ml limit only applies to containers with the total internal volume clearly labeled on the container, and these need to be stored in a 1l see-through plastic bag, so it's not like having a very low volume loop will make it compliant.
Thanks a lot for clarifying :)