Horizontal case recommendations for a hifi-rack

PetiteEnclosureEU

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Sep 18, 2019
Hello,

I'm looking around for a case that I can use in this space:

and that can handle high-end components (2080ti, Ryzen 3700x).

It seems that the following might be decent options and I'm wondering if they would be able to cool the mentioned components adequately (no thermal throttling)

Fractal Design Node 304
Lian Li Q50
Cougar QBX

I'm leaning towards the Cougar QBX because it supports the largest amount of fans but it is not designed to be used horizontally necessarily and I'm wondering if attaching 20mm 3rd party feet would be possible and might even benefit GPU temps some.

I'd appreciate any input on the cases I mentioned or ones I might have missed in my search. Thank you for your consideration!

ThatGuy333333

Caliper Novice
Aug 5, 2019
The silverstone ml07 looks kinda like what you’re look for, silverstone has some other similar cases that might be worth a look too. Of course there’s always the fractal node 202 or dr zaber’s Sentry case that are similar to that as well.

PetiteEnclosureEU

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Sep 18, 2019
I have discovered a new case the Lian Li Q38 and it seems like it be a very good fit for me:

My idea is to have it with the GPU as intake at the rear and a 240mm AIO at the front as exhaust, would this be sufficient for cooling? Would an aircooled CPU with the fan aimed at the front exhaust fan perhaps even be superior for overall thermals than an AIO?