Hi to all, new to SSF

after starting to think about an SFF build a few months ago found this place, and been lurking ever since,
im not new to PC building, but probably been 10 years since i built one, been a slave to mass produced pc's since,

currently have a Alienware 15 r3 and a alienware AMP, its nice to be able to game PC style, but as i knew id be shelling out for a decent GPU i had already decided to do a new build

that in mind i currently have the following ready to go:
EVGA RTX 2070 super Hybrid XC
Samsung m.2 nvme 970 pro 512GB
Samsung 860 evo 1TB SSD
Corsair SFX 750 PSU
Ryzen 3600
MSI B450I GAMING PLUS
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS2K16G4D32AESC 3200 MHz, DDR4, DRAM, Desktop Gaming Memory Kit, 32 GB

so apart from a CPU cooler i just need a case really, which has been the hardest thing to decide to buy, i really like these prototype style cases like the Ghost S1 and the Mjolnir
but really gutted that i have missed out on the releases of these cases, seams like the ship has saliled on them all, is there anyone place where you can go to see when these get or are getting re/released, i see the Concepts & Custom Projects forum, but again they all seem to have stopped/completed sales ? any help with this or case ideas welcome,
currently looking at mainstream cases like the NZXT h200i or Lazer 3D LZ7 XTD

Odd_Fox

Trash Compacter
Feb 8, 2020
Grab that ghost! As an H200 owner I can tell you it’s a great looking case but the gpu thermals aren’t great without something like the EVGA Hybrid series because the power supply shroud and accent cable restrict airflow.

MaDMaX68

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Dec 8, 2019
Grab that ghost! As an H200 owner I can tell you it’s a great looking case but the gpu thermals aren’t great without something like the EVGA Hybrid series because the power supply shroud and accent cable restrict airflow.
You can buy a Ghost right now on Amazon.

so much for emailing alerts!!! LOL

Thanks for the posts guys had i been notified would have replied earlier

im in the UK, with import duties thats £269 eeeeeeeeeek. would love one, but thats alot of money, but for a lovely case, im guesssing i would need a top hat aswell!

@Odd_Fox thats exactly what i have is a hybrid series, howver, dont think thats my only problem with the H200, i see reports the cables with the SF series psus can be quite short as it is, so may be a problem with the H200,, currently looking at the DA2 and Evolv shift air as alternatives, if i sell my 15 r3 i might sod it and order the ghost, but not got the money till then,

Reactions: Odd_Fox

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
@MaDMaX68 our email alert system is currently having issues as the provider we use for it has been grey/blacklisted, some scum used it for spamming (not in any way related to us, just the email host IPs have been tainted) We're working on a solution, may take some time.

MaDMaX68

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Dec 8, 2019
@MaDMaX68 our email alert system is currently having issues as the provider we use for it has been grey/blacklisted, some scum used it for spamming (not in any way related to us, just the email host IPs have been tainted) We're working on a solution, may take some time.

Thanks for the update, as i adjusted my settings after joining (yesterday) and then posting, I just now unwatched and re watched the thread, and your post came as an email ! tada!!

thanks again

Odd_Fox

Trash Compacter
Feb 8, 2020
@Odd_Fox thats exactly what i have is a hybrid series, howver, dont think thats my only problem with the H200, i see reports the cables with the SF series psus can be quite short as it is, so may be a problem with the H200,, currently looking at the DA2 and Evolv shift air as alternatives, if i sell my 15 r3 i might sod it and order the ghost, but not got the money till then,
Spot on with the sf psu included cables, so custom cables would bring your price up a bit, BUT one of the few advantages of the H200 power supply shroud is that it can house an atx psu!

MaDMaX68

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Dec 8, 2019
Spot on with the sf psu included cables, so custom cables would bring your price up a bit, BUT one of the few advantages of the H200 power supply shroud is that it can house an atx psu!

catch 22 for me then lol, either get custom cables, or an ATX PSU which will be similar price!,, so the H200 is a no at the moment, given i've got alternatives without spending more on psus/cables,
been doing a lot of researching all afternoon, price vs what will work, at the moment, its either a
STREACOM DA2 MINI-ITX CASE or Raijintek Ophion Evo case(with aluminium side panels). price wise not far off each other,
am watching a Ghost S1 with the top hat pack on ebay, so that might be an option, but the bids will prob go thru the roof:\

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
That's a pro in one way (and a big reason why I ended up with the case), but on the other hand it also means you're stuck with an ATX PSU, which is a rather big hurdle for any future downsizing (replacing a new-ish and fully functioning PSU is no fun!). And the H200/H210 are not exactly small cases for ITX, so I'd bet the urge to downsize would show up sooner rather than later. It sure did for me :p

MaDMaX68

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Dec 8, 2019
I thought I would update this thread, I went with the DA2 today, expect to start build next week, possibly looking at a dual 140 AIO, but will see how it goes for now with GPU AIO and best air cooler per size i can get for the Rysen 3600