Hi! I'm a frequent traveler and finally have the chance to build my first PC.

I normally travel a lot and have always wanted to build a PC that's portable enough to take on my frequent trips (I haven't really had a "permanent home" in a while). This quarantine has given me a few weeks of consistency that I'm taking advantage of to build my first SFFPC!

I've done a lot of research over the last few weeks (many hours of Optimum Tech) and have settled on the Skyreach 4 Mini. I play games and also program for a living so my PC needs a good balance of performance for both. I've noticed that there aren't many benchmarks available here for compiling performance so I'll be running some of these on Linux in addition to the regular suite of Windows benchmarks. If any of you program and have benchmarks you like, please let me know. I'm currently planning on testing Linux kernel compile times but am looking for additional ones to run .

Anyways, just thought I'd say hi!

Reactions: Arboreal and Phuncz

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome to the forum ! For a more nomadic lifestyle, the Skyreach 4 Mini is agood starting point, being easily transportable and with lots of options and builds.