Help with dual monitor set-up

BryceK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Dec 25, 2017
Hi Guys,

So a while back I made my Ryzen 2400G + AB350N build. After installing the drivers both my monitors worked like a charm (HDMI to HDMI and Displayport to HDMI). Now after a while of not using the rig and booting it up again, one monitor is not being reconized.

Now I tested almost everything, checking the HDMI port on the monitor, with regulair HDMI cable in it, it worked. Checking the displayport, by running it on my 49" samsung and worked. Could only be the cable? Well got a replacement one via Amazon. Installed the new chipset and drivers but still not luck.

Does anyone else has a brilliant idea?

Cheers,

Bryce

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
Did you check in the display settings that the PC sees the monitor and it isn't disabled? Sometimes after driver updates output get randomly turned off for some reason.
Also is the monitor set to the right input?

BryceK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Dec 25, 2017
Did you check in the display settings that the PC sees the monitor and it isn't disabled? Sometimes after driver updates output get randomly turned off for some reason.
Also is the monitor set to the right input?

It recognizes a device, but not the name of the monitor. The port does work when I plug in a displayport monitor.

BryceK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Dec 25, 2017
Try it, didn't work yet I might have found the issue. I tryed the monitor with replacement cable on my pc and worked perfectly. So It could only be the displayport itself on the PC. Called Amazon and im getting a new Mobo send as we speak :)

Reactions: Soul_Est and Jello