Discussion Velka 7 Displayport Exention Issues

Eiszahn

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Aug 1, 2021
Hi SFF Community,

I have already searched the web up and down for a solution to this problem but I have no more ideas so I want to ask you for help.

The problem:
Velka 7 DisplayPort extension cables from the GPU DP port (EVGA RTX 3060 XC) to the case seem to not work/transmit a signal.
This is the part I am talking about: https://www.velkase.com/parts/internal-displayport-12-extension-cable

Stuff I tried/Info:
-HDMI extension cable works fine with both monitors alone and a HDMI monitor cable (ACER Nitro VG240Ybmiix andVG271Pbmiipx).
-Both supplied DP extensions do not work. Swapping them out did not do anything. Tried all 3 DP outputs of the GPU.
-Plugging the HDMI/DP cable coming from the second monitor directly into the DP of the GPU works fine. Adding in the DP extension makes it stop working.
-Using a DP alone with no HDMI output at the same time does not work either.
-Tried a couple different DP cables to connect to the extension but none worked. Also tried a weird centipede of cables: Monitor>HDMI>HDMI/DP converter>DP extension cable which also did not work.

I am starting to think that both of my DP extension cables might be broken? Has anyone had similar problems with such DP extension cables? Are they especially fragile - or more fragile than the HDMI extensions (they have the same bends in the built...).

The positive:
I became really good at taking the whole system apart and putting it back together... :p

Rest of the specs if it is important:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
EVGA RTX 3060 XC
2x Corsair 8GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz
Samsung SSD 970 Evo 1TB
Corsair SF750W

Eiszahn

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Aug 1, 2021
For anyone that has this issue at some point:

I talked to Michael from Velkase and what fixed the issue is to use an active DisplayPort to HDMI cable.

Reactions: Phuncz