Help with 4K build

Marconkwo

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Jun 19, 2018
Hello all,

I am currently trying to downsize to a sff case that can be easily thrown in a backpack. I am having trouble finding a case that can do this and fit my components without them thermal throttling. If someone could help with the case, cooling, and PSU, it would be much appreciated!
The parts I will be reusing are below

-GTX 1080ti founders edition
-Asus ROG Strix Z270i gaming
-500gb Samsung Evo ssd
-250gb Samsung evo 960 m.2
-16gb Corsair dominator platnium ram
-Intek core i7 7700k CPU

Mar 6, 2017
Ncase M1, while it's great, doesn't fit in most backpacks. You may want something like a Dancase A4 - while it won't thermal throttle if you get a good enough cooler, the CPU will definitely get hot. Some people have been able to watercool their A4 by using an external PSU, but with a full length video card I don't know how far you'll get.

Marconkwo

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Jun 19, 2018
Ncase M1, while it's great, doesn't fit in most backpacks. You may want something like a Dancase A4 - while it won't thermal throttle if you get a good enough cooler, the CPU will definitely get hot. Some people have been able to watercool their A4 by using an external PSU, but with a full length video card I don't know how far you'll get.
Would you recommend the node 202?

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018
Ghost S1 would be great for you. It also has thicker metal so it's more robust. Also exspandable with "tophats" if you want more fans or water cooling cooling with aio . Quite flexible case. Im moving around a lot so I'm also planning on this case. It's more compact then ncase m1. But a bit bigger then Dan case A4 so it can fit a better could cooler. + Build quality , exspandable . Easy to build in when all sides ate removable and so on.

Reactions: Alexander