CPU [Help] MSI Unify Z490i Thunderbolt 3 GPU Passthrough

GrabNGo

What's an ITX?
Original poster
New User
Jan 7, 2021
Hi all,

I have been meaning to start my first sffpc build but there as been something holding me back (aside from lack of part availability). I really want the ability connect to all my peripherals via thunderbolt 3, this is sort of a deal breaker for me as I have multiple laptops and desktop that I switch between on my current setup. My current desktop has a Thunderbolt 3 add-on card that I have used gpu passthrough via display ports connected from my GPU to the Thunderbolt 3 add-on so my Thunderbolt 3 output also sends my GPU's video out.

I am wondering if anyone has been able to successfully do the same with the MSI Z490I mobo, I have read that the Thunderbolt 3 out displays the intergrated graphics video but I wonder if you could use the onboard Display input for a GPU pass through and if so can you do the same with the HDMI? As I am currently using a dual monitor setup. Thanks!

D

Deleted member 23607

I am quite sure you cannot. If you want this functionality pretty much the only board that fits is the X570 Phantom Gaming ITX.

Reactions: rfarmer