Motherboard [HELP] Asus ROG X570i - Splash screen to American Megatrends.

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 20, 2016
Hey All.

Little problem I am having. If someone be kind enough to help, that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Just had a motherboard change from Asrock to Asus X570i and having a problem.

On bootup, Asus ROG splash screen shows for couple of seconds and then it shows the American Megatrends and stays there until I hit F1, go into BIOS and exits. Then it boots into Windows.

There is no error shown in the American Megatrends screen.

One more issue, not sure if related, the radiator pump fan stays in 100%. This did not happen in the other board. And in bios, there is no option to control it. EDIT: So i switched the fan headers and now the fan speeds are ok.

EDIT2: So wait for F1 if error is enabled in BIOS. So there is an error during POST. Any ideas? Or just disconnect and reconnect everything?

EDIT3: One more thing. The date was off. Tried changing it and restarted. It goes to the old one. Is this a CMOS battery?

Any advice will be great. Thanks again.

Last edited:

ps -ef

Caliper Novice
Jul 25, 2019
Hey All.

Little problem I am having. If someone be kind enough to help, that would be great. Thanks in advance.

Just had a motherboard change from Asrock to Asus X570i and having a problem.

On bootup, Asus ROG splash screen shows for couple of seconds and then it shows the American Megatrends and stays there until I hit F1, go into BIOS and exits. Then it boots into Windows.

There is no error shown in the American Megatrends screen.

One more issue, not sure if related, the radiator pump fan stays in 100%. This did not happen in the other board. And in bios, there is no option to control it. EDIT: So i switched the fan headers and now the fan speeds are ok.

EDIT2: So wait for F1 if error is enabled in BIOS. So there is an error during POST. Any ideas? Or just disconnect and reconnect everything?

EDIT3: One more thing. The date was off. Tried changing it and restarted. It goes to the old one. Is this a CMOS battery?

Any advice will be great. Thanks again.

Likely it's the cmos battery issue.
Unplug and plug the battery in again, to see if it helps.

You can check the battery voltage if you have a multi-meter at home.

M-jeri

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Feb 20, 2016
Likely it's the cmos battery issue.
Unplug and plug the battery in again, to see if it helps.

You can check the battery voltage if you have a multi-meter at home.

Did that. Asus responded saying an issue with the board.

I am just returning it back. Going with Gigabyte. Works out hopefully.