Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Impact undervolting/underclocking guide?

ThatThereTim

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Aug 30, 2020
Does anyone have an Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Impact undervolting/underclocking guide?

What with the latest bios having the curve optimisation method for undervolting, does anyone have a guide on this? The increments on the Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Impact are very different to say what MSI does in the vid below. Asus' site/manuals haven't been updated for it yet as far as I can see.

Any help is most appreciated <3

MultiDoc

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 2, 2018
I suggest you update the bios to the latest 3204, update chipset drivers too (new ones released yesterday). Then I'd strongly suggest to follow the specific thread at overclock.net here

I'd also suggest to give CTR 2.0 a try. I've been using it fopr a few days now and it did make a hell of a difference for me, very happy with the results. Now i'm waiting for the next version so I can have 3 profiles enabled (default/undervolt for everyday use, all core oc and single core oc for games).

P.S: i like Optimum's videos and input for the SFX community a lot but I'm afraid he's a "superficial" when it comes to things that actually matter for setting up the hardware in a ITX case/environment

Good luck

Reactions: Phuncz