Hello :)

Hi all, I'm looking here for the right selection of pars for my first ITX build. I now have a 5800X3D, 7900XT MBA in a large ATX case. I don't know if it's a good idea to build on the (dead) AM4 platform. I'm thinking of selling the cpu, board, ram and upgrading to AM5. Do you think it is a good choice?? The 5800X3D is still pretty powerful.
I apologize for my English

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome to the forum ! Personally I'm looking out for a 5800X3D to upgrade my AM4 build one last time, price/performance it's still hard to beat if you consider the amount of time and money needed to upgrade to a similar AM5 setup. If you need to change the motherboard anyway and don't have an mITX AM4 board yet, it might be worth figuring out wat both choices would cost you. As the performance with a 7800X3D is only going to be single digit percentages in general for 4K gaming but end up around 20% in 1080p gaming.

Be sure to read up on the terms and rules of the forum. Mainly for buying and selling or other commercial activity on the forum as the access is limited and the rules are strictly enforced.

As a new user you're probably not able to edit posts or links just yet, so if a substantial error was made, click the Report-button in the post.

Hope to see you around, enjoy the wonderful world of SFF !