Hello to the SFF community!

I was going to just use an eGPU with my notebook until a 3080 fell into my lap, though my impatience might have caused me to choose a few poorly matched options. I chose the following:

Case: NR200/NR200P
CPU: Intel i9-10850K
CPU Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 3

I wanted to go Zen 3 but had zero luck and thought the 10850K on sale for $390 offered a solid value, but it appears the cooler I chose might not be sufficient. Scythe doesn't have a TDP rating on their website. So I'm going to browse the forum and consider my options over the next few weeks, figure out which coolers are sufficient and fit the NR200, and then decide whether to change the CPU, Case, or Fan.

If you made it to this part I salute you for taking an interest!

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Welcome to the forum. The biggest cooler I have seen fit in the NR200 is the Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B. At 154.5mm it just clears the 155mm clearance in the NR200, if I'm not mistaken you aren't able to use the side bracket. If you haven't yet you might want to take a look at Reddit r/sffpc. Seems every other build lately is a NR200 and there are literally 100s of them on the sub.

Reactions: Phuncz

mullrod

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Dec 19, 2020
Thank you @rfarmer! I've noted most of the coolers (e.g., C14S, U12A, Fuma 2, etc.) but didn't have the Mugen on my list. I have noticed that sub-reddit has been overrun with this case. That's the only reason I know which coolers, PSUs, etc. work well with the case. Being unoriginal does have some advantages 😁

Reactions: rfarmer

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
The Scythe Fuma 2 is the best performing and cheapest (perf/dollar = 🤩) cooler of the bunch.

Reactions: rfarmer