Hello! New to the SFF community!

Hello everyone! I'm super excited to be a part of the SFF community!
I've built desktops in the past but have been focusing more on laptops for the last 4 years.

My Last Desktop Build

My Tech Blog

I decided to build a SFFPC because I wanted to challenge myself and to also get back into desktop gaming.
After doing a bunch of research, I decided to build a FormD T1 whenever they go on sale again.

Planned components are:
Case - FormD T1​
Mobo - Gigabyte Aorus B550i​
CPU - Ryzen 4000 (8 core, 16 thread, 65W)​
GPU - Navi2x or RTX 3000 (whichever has the best performance per watt, Ray Tracing Performance, Cost ---- all in that order)​
Ram - 32GB (2x 16GB) DDR4 @ 3600MHz, CL16​
Drives - 2x 2TB Intel 660P​
PSU - Corsair SF750 Platinum​
Water Cooling - Alphacool LT 240 + EK GPU Block​
The goal is to build a portable 4K gaming machine that I can take with me anywhere.

Welp, that's my intro, I'll be posting here more often in anticipation for the T1 case and also when my build process begins!

-JRey

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome to the forum ! Your build looks good for the intended goal ! It's good that you're keeping your mind open on GPU as we indeed don't have a clue what later this year will bring GPU-wise.

Reactions: JRey

JRey

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Jun 27, 2020
Welcome to the forum ! Your build looks good for the intended goal ! It's good that you're keeping your mind open on GPU as we indeed don't have a clue what later this year will bring GPU-wise.
Thanks! I'm really pumped honestly. I just hope I can get my hands on the case before the new CPUs and GPUs come out in Q3/Q4
I'm also hoping AMD is competitive with Nvidia this time around so we can see (potentially) lower-prices top-tier cards. I'm budgeting $1200 for a top-tier card (based on 2080 Ti Founders MSRP), but I'd rather pay under $1000 if possible.
The current projected cost of my build (including water cooling) is just under $3k which is my budget anyway.

Reactions: Phuncz