Hello from the UK!

Hi all. Been a reader of the forum for just over a year, but first time posting.

Currently putting together my first PC build for 20 years and have decided on SFF, BUT currently stuck between 2 cases: NR200P & Meshlicious (full mesh version).

Currently have the following ready to go:
CPU: 5600x
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC
Storage: WD SN750 1Tb NVMe

Need to get:
16 Gb 3600 RAM
Motherboard
Cooling + Case

The cooling solution will depend on the case. With the Meshlicious I would go 240mm AIO, with the NR200 I would be all in on air cooling + lots of fans.

Size does make a difference based on the amount of space I have here, which is why after setting on the NR200 I through a spanner in the works by considering the Meshlicious.

Any opinions on Motherboard, case and RAM (RGB possibly) would be appreciated!

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome to the forum !

You've probably read the terms and rules of the forum if you've been here for over a year, but if you are thinking about buying, selling or other commercial activity on the forum, be sure to read up on them as the access is limited and the rules are strictly enforced.

As a newly active user you're probably not able to edit posts or links just yet, so if a substantial error was made, click the Report-button in the post.

Hope to see you around, enjoy the wonderful world of SFF !

Reactions: TheDudeAbides

brt02

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 3, 2018
Welcome!

Can't comment on the cases as I have had no experience with either, but as far the motherboard is concerned all the B550 based ITX boards are a great fit for the 5600x and can the power delivery setups on all boards can handle 5950x fine as well if you wanted to upgrade down the line.

The gigabyte B550i is widely recommended as the best buy if you can do without the USB-C front port header. Priced around £150 so good value compared to other options.

X570 based boards are a little older with a few lacking 2.5 GbE LAN if that's something you are looking for, but offer more PCIe gen 4 lanes (for secondary NVMe drives - primary NVMe is PCI gen 4 on both B550 and X570).

Reactions: Phuncz