Hello from Latvia!

Hi everyone, long time lurker here. I have confession to make. Thanks to Josh@NFC I have been infected by sff desease and don't want to be cured anymore. Right now I am in the process of building my own sff case inspired by NFC s3 and s4 mini. Combination of both has always been a dream case for me and with your help I am hoping to finally fulfill it. Right now I have i5 4690 with MSI aero 1050ti sitting in CM n200 case. The plan is to have interior layout like s3 mini with exterior close to s4 skyreach. Front panel is going to be solid black with orange bulgin switch, top and bottom panels snow white or pearl white. I really like black, white and orange combo, At the moment I am thinking about using RPS-200-12c psu with pico 160xt. I have zalman vf900-cu laying around that I plan to use as gpu and psu cooler combined. Meanwell unit will be placed flat right behind gpu so that case is 220-230mm deep. I am undecided on what cpu cooler to use. Problem is that I am extremly sensitive to fan noise yet I want to to keep case as slim as possible. I mostly use my PC for work and study needs, but want to have some gaming sessions later on- Cemu, yuzu, dolphin emulators to be precise. I have titan ttc-nc25tz cooler on my way that I plan to use with noctua slim 92mm fan. It means that case height limiting factor is going to be cpu cooler+fan combo. Other option is to use Zalman Cnps2x so that pico unit is the highest point, but i doubt that it is good fit for 4690. I have no problem running cpu at 75 deg celsius. I am more concerned that it will sound like mini jet engine. My stock intel cooler right now sounds like one and it is annoying AF especially late at night. Other question is where to find pcie riser card that could provide all juice to gpu. Hdplex, phanteks 220mm premium riser, ADT 185mm from sfflab are the ones I am looking at. English is not my native language so bear with my non existent grammar and other mistakes. I just hope that everyone understands me. Maybe RPS-200 is too weak and my plan is total garbage so sugestions are welcome. Total components list is as follows:
* i5 4690
* B85n phoenix + crap intel wifi card (looking for replacement)
* MSI aero 1050ti
* hyperX 16gb ddr3 1333Mhz
* mx200 500gb msata ssd + possible m.2 1tb ssd or 2tb 2.5'' hdd in near future

Reactions: Phuncz and Windfall

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Hi and welcome to the forum !

My first advice is that you use paragraphs to make your post more readible, it's now a "wall of text" and will deter many people to even read I'm afraid.