jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Aibohphobia submitted a new resource:

HDPLEX Internal 300W AC-DC Adapter - temp placeholder model

View attachment 147

Upcoming 300W AC-DC Adapter w/ PFC from HDPLEX. Designed to be internally mounted. 90V-264V 50/60hz AC input and 19.5V DC output.

This is a placeholder model based off the dimensions given by HDPLEX for an unreleased product. This model is NOT 100% accurate so plan accordingly!

This model will be updated once the adapter is released and I can measure one.

Read more about this resource...

Reactions: NRG and Phuncz

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Aibohphobia updated HDPLEX Internal 300W AC-DC Adapter with a new update entry:

Updated model with latest drawing and added detail

Updated the dimensions based off this latest drawing and added some of the details like fins and vent holes. Primary exterior dimensions and mounting ear holes are accurate to the drawing but:

This is a placeholder model based off the dimensions given by HDPLEX for an unreleased product. This model is NOT 100% accurate so plan accordingly!

This model will be updated once the adapter is released and I can measure one.

View attachment 152

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: Phuncz

Sicaris

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 6, 2016
Firstly, thanks for putting this together! When I open the updated version in Sketchup though its missing the end and mounting bracket opposite the power input.

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Looks like SketchUp doesn't like the duplicated component, I'll update it.

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015

This is not 100% final yet so take with a grain of salt.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
So I've just finished some preliminary testing of this unit and everyone should be happy to hear that it was whisper quiet from idle right up to nearly 300W of draw as measured by the Kill-a-watt. Touch testing of the unit during tests (none over 10 minutes) were comfortably warm and certainly not hot. I am going to do some longer stress testing tomorrow and try to get some better thermals with my Fluke.

I have also been trying to do a Furmark/Prime95 dual stress test with a GTX 1080 and 7700K and keep getting a system reset early on. If anyone cares to provide some insight as to why this is happening and how I can prevent it (or not if it is dangerous), I would really appreciate it. Hoping to do a 30-60 minute double stress test tomorrow if I can figure out a way to not reset things over and over and basically see if I can blow the unit.

Reactions: Biowarejak

jeshikat

Original poster
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
What settings for FurMark? I find that increasing the resolution and adding AA makes it more stable.

With the default of 720p and 0x AA it allows the framerate to race which seems to make the power draw spikier than normal.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Kmpkt

KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I think it's in 1.5mm sheeting, so shrink the width and length by 3mm and you've probably got your answer.

Lone

King of Cable Management
Lone Industries
Feb 25, 2015
loneindustries.com
I have also been trying to do a Furmark/Prime95 dual stress test with a GTX 1080 and 7700K and keep getting a system reset early on. If anyone cares to provide some insight as to why this is happening and how I can prevent it (or not if it is dangerous), I would really appreciate it. Hoping to do a 30-60 minute double stress test tomorrow if I can figure out a way to not reset things over and over and basically see if I can blow the unit.

It sounds like you're hitting the limit of the AC-DC adapter. Perhaps you could turn off Intel Turbo Boost, and try again?

Kmpkt

KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Yeah I was hitting the OCP on the adapter which according to Larry at HDPlex is set at 400W. This makes sense as when you look at Toms Hardware reviews for each component independently, you can see the peaks sum to over 400W. In a real world use situation, I can't imagine anyone actually getting both components to this level. The fact that I've been able to run the stress tests up to 10 minutes before a shutoff makes me thing this combo is within a few watts of 400W at peak which means the 300W should be a perfect unit to handle them.