News HDPlex 80W AC-DC discontinued?

It appears the HDPlex 80W has been discontinued, it's no longer listed on their site.
I really liked that little PSU... :(

NateDawg72

Master of Cramming
Aug 11, 2016
I wish they had an archive to see the pages/specs for all their discontinued PSUs. There are quite a few now and nowhere to find information on them.

Reactions: Phuncz

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
I wish they had an archive to see the pages/specs for all their discontinued PSUs. There are quite a few now and nowhere to find information on them.

Agreed, however, you can always email Larry.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
That's odd too. Something about AI now.
Why isn't it listed on the main page though? Maybe phasing it out?

Maybe, the one thing I dislike about HDPLEX is the website.

I have doubts Larry would look to discontinue the 80W supply if he is developing a nuc kit. Those two would go hand in hand

Reactions: Windfall

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Given the fact that he's turned the 300 into the 400 and the 160 into the 200 logic might dictate that we can anticipate a 100W AC-DC in the same tiny package?

:)

Reactions: Phuncz and Goatee

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
That's odd too. Something about AI now.
The page on the 800W DC-ATX says:
It is designed for wide range of applications including autonomous car,artificial intelligence, SLI gaming PC, etc,.
I would guess he also has autonomous car tech integrators as customers. We may be a niche of a niche, we're certainly not the only niche around :p

Reactions: Windfall

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Given the fact that he's turned the 300 into the 400 and the 160 into the 200 logic might dictate that we can anticipate a 100W AC-DC in the same tiny package?

:)

I very much hope so!

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
The page on the 800W DC-ATX says:

I would guess he also has autonomous car tech integrators as customers. We may be a niche of a niche, we're certainly not the only niche around :p

Wow. Maybe I should read more... XD