HDPlex 400W ACDC with GUnique Plugin, bad idea?

Reldey

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Feb 14, 2017
So let me preface this with I am not an electrical engineer, so I am not totally sure this would be safe, or could even work. But I really want to try out using my GUnique plug in board with the 400W HDPlex ACDC. Now I know there is a voltage difference, the GUnique is made for 12 volt, while the HDPlex outputs 19v. So I went around looking for a voltage regulator, and found this on Amazon.

Was wondering if it did work, would it even be safe to use? Could it cause energy ripple or some other "unclean" electrical charge that could destroy my components? It is a cheap little component, but it seems like it could take 360 watt, which should fit in my use case.

Thanks!

Reldey

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Feb 14, 2017
Doing a bit more digging, I found this guy that seems a bit more "legit" and has some decent reviews.

May end up using this to make an internal ACDC solution, with the best GPU possible.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
If you're going as far as mounting open-frame power components in your build, why not go the more efficient and simple route of getting a 12V AC-DC PSU such as this or this from MeanWell instead of the HDPlex?

Reldey

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Feb 14, 2017
If you're going as far as mounting open-frame power components in your build, why not go the more efficient and simple route of getting a 12V AC-DC PSU such as this or this from MeanWell instead of the HDPlex?

Because neither of those would fir in an S4 Mini as far as I can tell.