Greetings from Coastal California

Hello soon-to-be friends and comrades!

Getting ready to build my third SFF PC and, with the changes to Reddit’s API in the pipeline, I figured it was as good a time as any to jump ship and start getting plugged into more focused forums.

Until then, a brief look back at my gateway into this beautiful niche of ours.

You never forget your first…​

My first foray into mini ITX builds was a console build and general secondary/travel machine in the venerable Node 202. Equipped with a Ryzen 3600 and GTX 1660 Super. It was nice but didn’t match the performance output of my main rig by a mile. Nevertheless, I loved it for traveling between cities and set it up as an HTPC.

…but then you build ‘the one’​

Little did I know that just a few short months into this experiment I’d be hooked. Suddenly, I just wanted ‘one rig to rule them all’ and I was willing to commit to the cause. I took the parts between my two builds and splashed them together with a newly acquired Sliger SM580, NZXT Kraken X63, and plenty of Noctua fans for good measure. This was all going down in mid-2020. Over the next little while or so, I moved house, upgraded to include additional solid-state storage, and ultimately acquired an RTX 3090 at MSRP during the peak of the chaos. I had kitted this beauty to the nines (as far as I cared to anyway).

Changing Times​

Sadly, I had to let it go. I knew another, much bigger move was in store for me and I needed to get focused and declutter. To that end, I sold my PC to a family member. I’ve been without hardware to play PC games since then (until I got my Steam Deck, but that’s another matter altogether). Fast forward to now and life is great! I knew it was time to jump back in once Cities: Skylines 2 got a firm release date and can’t wait to share more of the latest adventure with you all in a proper build log soon.

No TL;DR, but if you read the entire post, my deepest appreciation for taking the time to do so. :)

— Abby (she/her)

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome to the forum ! Nice intro !

Be sure to read up on the terms and rules of the forum. Mainly for buying and selling or other commercial activity on the forum as the access is limited and the rules are strictly enforced.

As a new user you're probably not able to edit posts or links just yet, so if a substantial error was made, click the Report-button in the post.

Hope to see you around, enjoy the wonderful world of SFF !