Glad I ran into this place, perfect for my current project I am sure!

Lifelong DIY since I was a toddler, still am, houses, cars, computers, bicycles, etc............first computer project in quite a few years, last was a very compact and high powered system for iRacing while traveling in RV to tracks around the country to drive a fast car on....things happened to change everything but it was fun while it lasted which was just building a few cars until I got the one I wanted nearly done.
I still have a very modified, fast, fun, Fiesta St, put it on a lift, designed many of the parts, 1,000 hours and $$$$$ of money later, built in 2014 from a new car. Been in storage for years, need to clean it up and get it sold, to expensive in my retirement after the Covid crap........I bet I am still pretty quick if I was to take it on track, will be 72 in May:)

I will start a thread on my build, basically had an Optiplex 7040 SFF I tweaked a bit 3 years ago then never used. Bought a 5080, converted to 7080 with only the case left over....then bought a 7010 Plus MB and.....then I figured I might as well sell it all off and build a custom SFF instead, cost is about the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: hrh_ginsterbusch

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Welcome to the forum ! Nice intro !

Be sure to read up on the terms and rules of the forum. Mainly for buying and selling or other commercial activity on the forum as the access is limited and the rules are strictly enforced.

As a new user you're probably not able to edit posts or links just yet, so if a substantial error was made, click the Report-button in the post.

Hope to see you around, enjoy the wonderful world of SFF !

RAAM

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 24, 2024
Only question I have on the rules is PayPal not allowed? I have really done tens of thousands of transactions since soon after they started, many millions in sales and hundreds of thousands in purchases with only two bad transactions, both dishonest "buyers" If not allowed what do you recommend? I have been out of the online selling game quite a few years now so not up to date on what is best.

Thanks,
Rick

RAAM

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 24, 2024
I built a high end system that was a bit bigger than SFF around 10 or 11 years ago in the smallest case I could find that would work. I do not recall finding this site, which I do not think may of been around or any other small build site so I had to do a lot of work to figure it out, great fun of course.
Fastest i5, Windows 7, 32GB of fastest RAM, full size fast graphics card, SSD, AIO, etc....and room for a second full size card, 3 more SSD and 4 HDD and more RAM if needed and somewhere around 11 fans with room for 3 more plus more on graphics card. All cables sleeved and tucked nice and neat, a very tidy little package where the average high end gaming systems were mostly going into full tower or larger cases.
That and three fast monitors was around a $5k investment with a decent steering and pedal setup. I was going to upgrade to a very high level steering and pedal setup next. Then realized I could not get the data needed for iRacing I was setting up to use while I traveled to practice before arriving at all the race tracks of my dreams around the country with a 2,300 lb 600 HP, barely any BMW DNA left all out track car($100k DIY build). Then I was taken advantage of because I did not protect my assets well enough, to busy playing with toys, and lost nearly everything.
I am happier now, fully retired, fully remodeling into something super nice RV, wonderful wife who is an incredible cook, growing what we can organically of course, sweet doggy, wonderful views, not much money but greatfull for all I have been blessed with:)
I no longer want fast cars(I have one that has been parked for a few years I need to clean up and sell) do not want a house, do not want to eat out(far better food at home) do not want fancy clothes, do not want fame and fortune in any way.
Life can be very full and satisfying without being full of stuff or posting everything you do on FB, etc....more so I am quite sure as I live it everyday I wake up.

Rick

Reactions: Phuncz