Hi from Germany, I am on a FormD T1 v2 build with some cool ideas for which i need more enthusiasts like my self to make it happen :)

For Starters i am running:
  • AMD 7900X hopefully with an EKWB Velocity^2 AM5 DDC block (not on the market just yet)
  • 3080 Ti FE with an EKWB block
  • Asus Mini-ITX B650E-I
  • 32GB DDR5 Trident Z5
  • Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 SSD
  • Corsair SF750 PSU
  • XSPC TX240 slim Radiator with 2 Noctua NF-A12x15
  • in the FormD T1 v2
With that out of the way, I am able to tell you all what my ideas are.
First of all I hate cable clutter it always seems to be a mess and therefore I was thinking of using PCB's instead.
I know right! that is a great idea :D. Okay Okay hear me out for a bit why I think, I am able to pull this off.
My daly work is just that. I design electronics for a living which includes thinking up schematics, layouts and sometimes even the firmware.
My assemblies usually have a motorsports background for the likes of LMDh or Formula E sportscars.
There they have to be very small and lightweigh even though they sometimes have to pack a punch in terms of power too.
But enough of my work this is for FUN! (well in the end it will be used for work XD)

So whats the Deal with Printed Circuit Boards anyways?
For one you can safe a ton of space using PCB's to deliver power instead of caples since they are pretty flat.
In addition one can use technologies like rigid-flex-PCB's which can be folded up into the case such that they seem to be an integral part of the system.
A nice feature is that one can use those circuit boards not only to deliver power but to integrate stuff like a usb-hub which one can plug in to the MB.
Add a microcontroller that monitors Temps, controlls Fans, "Insert Ideas", in short all the cool stuff one can come up with.
One can even do PCB-Art using the silkscreen, you know the usually white component markings on PCBs.

But i am getting ahead of myself, we are still at the beginning, and therefore we have to bake small breads like we say in germany :p.
So my goal is to find some likeminded enthusiastic people that maybe have the same components and are willing to pay the premium price for such flex PCB's.
Because the more people are willing to take on this endeavor with me the cheaper the single PCB's will get, since the one time manufacturing costs will get smaller per PCB.
A very nice bonus would be to find people that have a similar background who can give me constructive feedback.
However I am well aware of the fact that this may seem unpractical and or the costs might not be in a reasonable range compared to stinky old cables,
but that is not the point here. For me this is project to simply build cool stuff that I like and want to share with you all!

Anyways I am looking forward to your inputs. I am trying to post some pictures with CAD designs you know the good old cardboard aided design :D.

Best
ZaubererAxt77

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
For Starters i am running:
  • AMD 7900X hopefully with an EKWB Velocity^2 AM5 DDC block (not on the market just yet)
  • 3080 Ti FE with an EKWB block
  • Asus Mini-ITX B650E-I
  • 32GB DDR5 Trident Z5
  • Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 SSD
  • Corsair SF750 PSU
  • XSPC TX240 slim Radiator with 2 Noctua NF-A12x15
  • in the FormD T1 v2
With that out of the way, I am able to tell you all what my ideas are.
First of all I hate cable clutter it always seems to be a mess and therefore I was thinking of using PCB's instead.
I know right! that is a great idea :D. Okay Okay hear me out for a bit why I think, I am able to pull this off.
My daly work is just that. I design electronics for a living which includes thinking up schematics, layouts and sometimes even the firmware.
My assemblies usually have a motorsports background for the likes of LMDh or Formula E sportscars.
There they have to be very small and lightweigh even though they sometimes have to pack a punch in terms of power too.
But enough of my work this is for FUN! (well in the end it will be used for work XD)

So whats the Deal with Printed Circuit Boards anyways?
For one you can safe a ton of space using PCB's to deliver power instead of caples since they are pretty flat.
In addition one can use technologies like rigid-flex-PCB's which can be folded up into the case such that they seem to be an integral part of the system.
A nice feature is that one can use those circuit boards not only to deliver power but to integrate stuff like a usb-hub which one can plug in to the MB.
Add a microcontroller that monitors Temps, controlls Fans, "Insert Ideas", in short all the cool stuff one can come up with.
One can even do PCB-Art using the silkscreen, you know the usually white component markings on PCBs.

But i am getting ahead of myself, we are still at the beginning, and therefore we have to bake small breads like we say in germany :p.
So my goal is to find some likeminded enthusiastic people that maybe have the same components and are willing to pay the premium price for such flex PCB's.
Because the more people are willing to take on this endeavor with me the cheaper the single PCB's will get, since the one time manufacturing costs will get smaller per PCB.
A very nice bonus would be to find people that have a similar background who can give me constructive feedback.
However I am well aware of the fact that this may seem unpractical and or the costs might not be in a reasonable range compared to stinky old cables,
but that is not the point here. For me this is project to simply build cool stuff that I like and want to share with you all!

Anyways I am looking forward to your inputs. I am trying to post some pictures with CAD designs you know the good old cardboard aided design :D.

Best
ZaubererAxt77

Hello @ZaubererAxt77 , welcome to the forum. You seem to have impressive skill & background in engineering. No one likes cable clutter - something Gigabyte's Project Stealth is trying to address. Unfortunately, the Project Stealth don't really use standard components, so I believe you'll have at least some audience that would love to know more about your idea.

That said, please take a moment to read our forum's terms, conditions and rules. It is especially important to read them when your product is finalized & you're ready to sell them here (well basically selling anything, like pre-owned PC parts you no longer need).

Also, as part of our community moderation efforts, we don't let new users edit posts or links for a bit, so report your post using the "report" button if you need it deleted/modified (or just post something like "sorry double post above" or "the above post is wrong, here's the updated one:... "). The forum staffs will help you from there.

The report button is also useful if you observe spam or any other suspicious activities going on.

Have fun & happy tinkering!