News Gigabyte X570SI AORUS Pro AX

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
I almost double posted this…LOL.

My take: if it can’t fit a Noctua L12S it’s useless to me. If it can, I might swap my B550 MSI board for it.

Rich Tea

Trash Compacter
Oct 4, 2019
What improvement does this have over their B550i ?
New USB header, Gen 4 m.2 on the back and maybe better VRMs?

Reactions: olbi

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
I might get this for my Velka 7 build. Means I can't use that Black Ridge I got, but I have use of two PCIE 4.0 drives. Plus I can use that USB-C Type E header.

olbi

Efficiency Noob
Aug 1, 2019
Might grab this one. Although Gigabyte seems famous for their BIOS problems.
Hmm, do you have any source for this? I'm I'm curious about this one :-)

That's a big heatsink.
This looks very good. They have one of the best looking X570 on the market :-)

Mackan

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 2, 2016
Hmm, do you have any source for this? I'm I'm curious about this one :-)
It's just my personal opinion after browsing countless forum and reddit threads. But all vendors have their problems. I dislike AsRock for some things, Asus for some other things, MSI for some other things, etc. No one seems to do their job properly when it comes to the BIOS. I got a bit excited when EVGA announced they will be making AMD boards again, but they won't make an ITX board, so back to the usuals.

lys1030

Trash Compacter
Nov 8, 2020
www.youtube.com
I need this mobo so badly for a few reasons. First of all, I plan to make a pcie bifurcation build and this mobo should support it. Second, this mobo has no fan so that I can mod the headsink's color easily and comprehensively. Not to mention this mobo looks great.

lozza_c

Average Stuffer
Aug 26, 2020
I was planning on going with the B550i but this turned my head for a moment. I/O looks to be the same though - no additional USB?

I want passive cooling and don't need a front USB-C header - any reason to opt for this over the B550? I might OC a little, but not planning anywhere near what this looks like it might be capable of.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I was planning on going with the B550i but this turned my head for a moment. I/O looks to be the same though - no additional USB?

I want passive cooling and don't need a front USB-C header - any reason to opt for this over the B550? I might OC a little, but not planning anywhere near what this looks like it might be capable of.
even the B550 VRM is overkill for 5950X. it's more or less about other features - M.2, USB, and other QoLs and then whether the price difference is justified. It's not hard.

THUMPer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 5, 2020
is the CPU socket on this still off kilter? the b550i pro ax socket is higher and further back on the board currently. Which in my experience from 4 itx cases, makes tower coolers sit to close to the rear and top of some cases, making the cooler touch rear and top fans. (CM200 for example).

• Sad
Reactions: iatacs19

lozza_c

Average Stuffer
Aug 26, 2020
even the B550 VRM is overkill for 5950X. it's more or less about other features - M.2, USB, and other QoLs and then whether the price difference is justified. It's not hard.
That makes the B550 an even better value prospect in that case? Same USB complement, I'm guessing same BIOS, already has passive cooling... I can see the heatsink, USB-C header and both M.2 PCIe 4.0 are good upgrades though for particular use cases.

Reactions: thelaughingman

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
That makes the B550 an even better value prospect in that case? Same USB complement, I'm guessing same BIOS, already has passive cooling... I can see the heatsink, USB-C header and both M.2 PCIe 4.0 are good upgrades though for particular use cases.
yep, that is it. whether those upgrades worth the price premium to you or not.

Analogue Blacksheep

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Dec 2, 2018
A little movement on the board after a month of no news. It's appeared on a German site, but no price just yet.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
A little movement on the board after a month of no news. It's appeared on a German site, but no price just yet.

from my understanding this site is not an actual retailer but a portal that aggregate listings from many retailers. there is NO actual listing at the moment, i.e. still 0 availability

Reactions: Phuncz

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
I need this mobo so badly for a few reasons. First of all, I plan to make a pcie bifurcation build and this mobo should support it. Second, this mobo has no fan so that I can mod the headsink's color easily and comprehensively. Not to mention this mobo looks great.
B550i also supports bifurcation.

Reactions: lozza_c

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Any updates on this board? I've maybe seen it for sale in Malaysia or Australia online?
We have a standing request from all major manufactures for samples but they tend to not want to send stuff that’s focused outside the US. So it,ight be a bit.