Closed Gigabyte RX 550 2GB and defective Asrock B450 Gaming ITX/AC

GPU

I'm selling a Radeon RX 550 to help with buying a replacement motherboard. It is a Gigabyte RX550 D5 2GB graphics card. Works great, selling the card only.

Looking for $55 shipped in the US.

Motherboard

I used the Asrock motherboard for a few months before it stopped booting up. The problems happened after testing a different PSU and wanted to clear the CMOS.

Issues with the motherboard/test attempts:

After clearing the CMOS, It would no longer POST or boot up, not even after removing/replacing the battery for a few hours, nor by shorting the power-on and reset pins.

It's been tested with two power supplies. If I ground the PS_ON pin while leaving the rest of the pins plugged to the board, the CPU fan does spin up. The area around the cooler emits a slight burning smell. No video coming out from either integrated or discrete graphics.

Same results testing each RAM stick individually in either slot.

Given these results, there might be an electrical grounding issue with the front panel pins.

This board is still in great physical condition, with no visible signs of burning or missing components. Also comes with its box and accessories. I have given up on trying out this board and I can't RMA it so I'm selling it for a fraction of the price, maybe someone else can get it working.

I'm selling the board as-is for $40 shipped in the US.

Accepting PayPal only.

Last edited:

Kundahli

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 29, 2017
Why can't you RMA it? Outside warranty? Ive found ASRock to be extremely forgiving when it comes to RMA windows. I recently RMAd an H370 board that was well out of warranty. I told them I bought it six months ago and they never asked for a receipt or proof of purchase. Worth a shot

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Why can't you RMA it? Outside warranty? Ive found ASRock to be extremely forgiving when it comes to RMA windows. I recently RMAd an H370 board that was well out of warranty. I told them I bought it six months ago and they never asked for a receipt or proof of purchase. Worth a shot
That's good to know. Although, I am not the original owner so I don't know if it's still possible to RMA it. I bought this in used condition from an eBay seller two months ago.

Kundahli

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 29, 2017
I wasn't the original owner of mine either ?. ASRock is a bit slow with the turn around. Once they have it it will take about 2 weeks for the replacement to be sent out, but, outside of the cost to ship it to them, it was free for me. So maybe $10 to replace.

Best of luck if you decide to go through with it.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Fwiw I had to rma my asrock b450 itx board too. From what I could tell the cmos had some issues. I even soldered and replaced the battery myself.

Rma process was slow and I had to pay shipping, but c'est la vie

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Fwiw I had to rma my asrock b450 itx board too. From what I could tell the cmos had some issues. I even soldered and replaced the battery myself.

Rma process was slow and I had to pay shipping, but c'est la vie
I'm thinking it could be a CMOS issue as well. Since not even the power switch pin would work, the CPU won't get the signal to boot nor spin up the cooler fan.

The cooler fan does spin up, as said earlier, by grounding the green wire from the PSU. But even here there's no video signal from either the discrete or integrated GPU.