General Chat Thread

Duality92

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 12, 2018
Has anyone looked at AsRock H310 mATX boards, especially H310CM-HDV, H310CM-DVS and H310M-DGS?

They're borderline infuriating. Decent, affordable and at 18,8x19cm they could easily be fitted in an SFF case BUT the pci-e socket, for some reason, isn't the first expansion slot, making it impossible to install a GPU.

They're like mini-DTX-ish

great for cases with three PCIe slots, unless you use a Katana.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
two quotes from Jonnyguru's recent review on the BeQuiet! 500W Gold SFX-L PSU

When Silverstone kicked off their whole push for more power in small form factors, I thought it was a brilliant idea. They cast a light on a long neglected part of this industry, and I thought we'd get a nice long list of other companies jumping into the market and giving us all kinds of awesome performance in a tiny space. Regretfully, this doesn't seem to have come to pass. Corsair and Enermax have tried, but it seems like Silverstone is still the only one really pushing things in this space. Well, now German company BeQuiet has decided to get in on the action. Let's have a look at this little 500 watt wonder and see if we have another worthy competitor to Silverstone.

The Bad:
  • way too many big names are still missing from the SFX market

SumGhai

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 14, 2016
I don't know if this was brought up before here on the SFF Forum: Cooler Master has been asking for responses to a survey about small form factor builds and preferences. It seems they're interested in bringing more sff cases to their lineup, so responses to the survey will help.

The survey is linked here if you're interested: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...yTJMMvTE6HAgLYnrLk0usCS5h-Dvl0ow/formResponse

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
So I was reading on the Phanteks Evolv X, and I'm wondering what would a double ITX system look like... o_o

EDIT: or maybe even an ITX + STX system. or one regular ITX and one thin ITX

Reactions: AleksandarK

Aichon

Average Stuffer
Oct 16, 2017
Yeah, I just updated my 2013 iPhone 5s and 2014 iPad Air 2, and they certainly feel faster. Apple said that they'd significantly improved things like app launch times, even on older devices, and it certainly feels like they weren't lying. Then again, my iPad Air 2 still felt plenty snappy anyway, despite its age, but my iPhone 5s has been getting a bit long-in-the-tooth, so the speed improvements are more noticeable there.

Reactions: AleksandarK

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I was shopping SSDs at Newegg and ran across this Dogfish M.2.

I hadn't realized that SSDs had a high consumption of hot drinks. ;)

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
How come I can't find USB mice that have detachable cables at the mouse end? I just want to plug in the length I want and go.

Reactions: el01

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
How come I can't find USB mice that have detachable cables at the mouse end? I just want to plug in the length I want and go.
https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG_Gladius/
https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-Gladius-II/

It's even micro-USB!

Although one slight design limitation would be the space in the front (underneath the scroll wheel, I assume) and below the click button assembly. To fully fit a USB-C or micro-USB head, that's still a ton of space right next to the scroll wheel. I guess you can compensate with mouse height (like on the ROG Gladius II), but that makes things kinda awkward sometimes.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I think some of the Razer and Logitech mouses have detachable cable.
And, the Asus Gladius II.
Cable is detachable but I am not sure if it is brand/model specific or you can replace it with any USB cable.
Check them out anyway.