SFF.Network Gemini Lake Keeps Flooding In With Gigabyte's J4005N-D2P

The successor to Intel's Apollo Lake, "Gemini Lake" is the latest generation of embedded processors from the company. Only two sub-brands populate this core's lineup - Pentium Silver and Celeron. Designed for embedded systems, industrial systems and the like, the chips are 6-10 watt 2-4 core units with Intel UHD graphics 600/605.

Read more here.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
Original poster
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Same thing!

@Windfall - whilst this may not be intended for consumer use as such, a lot of our users have experience with, and enjoy industrial and commercial targeted products such as this :) (Myself included)

zovc

King of Cable Management
Jan 5, 2017
Do those even allow GPU installation?

The strict answer is "yes." But, I tried running a GTX 1070 in an old Atom-based board with 8-cores and a clock speed of something like 2.0Ghz, and the system could barely run YouTube videos. League of Legends ran at like 10-20 fps--was unplayable. Don't think I tried running any other games.

That these support a modern iGPU (rather than one that uses VGA exclusively) leaves some hope that these CPUs might be able to square up against fairly modern titles. Maybe not on the integrated graphics, but their presence and the HDMI port are reassuring.

I really like that this board appears to support desktop-sized RAM, these might actually be a value-oriented choice for a HTPC-type machine. Granted, they are now competing with Raven Ridge and a budget AM4 board.

Reactions: Phuncz