Geeek A50 case

sfxbajan

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 4, 2017
Just incase anyone is interested in a cheaper a4 styled case. Geeek said there will be one available to the global market in Spetember with slight differences. I think it looks good.

More info and pics.
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...It7tw&id=524390185071&ns=1&abbucket=13#detail

Reactions: el01

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
it is wider to accommodate 66mm CPU Cooler. I emailed them about it and got exactly the same response, the one in taobao is Chinese market only. Global release will be September. The global version will have some revisions. With that, I replied back asking if it possible to have 70mm clearance instead of 66mm to accommodate a Noctua L12S.

Reactions: Beardedswede

TristanDuboisOLG

Average Stuffer
May 10, 2018
I'm really glad that this is finally hitting the global market. I love SFF, I just don't love the price tag. I went so far as to contact the maker at Taobao but a month wait and ~$180 is a bit steep for me.

miptzi

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 20, 2017
I'm really glad that this is finally hitting the global market. I love SFF, I just don't love the price tag. I went so far as to contact the maker at Taobao but a month wait and ~$180 is a bit steep for me.

Here in Brazil we are starting a "crowndfunding" thingy, and some folks at our sff community already ordered a 10-unit batch, in simple folded aluminum and rough finishing, from a local metal worker company, "back to back" case design. Hope we can at least feed the inner community And get a polished product from factory already, but it's a start... Import stuff is madness with our current situation and import rates...

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
sad that it's china only...

also 180 for acrylic and metal? really? the other cases are $89 which isnt that bad..

ChinStrap

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2017
sad that it's china only...

also 180 for acrylic and metal? really? the other cases are $89 which isnt that bad..

uh?
http://www.geeekstore.com/shop/a50-mini-itx-case/
geeekstore said:
$99.00
This is the Pre-Order Product, the estimated shipping date is Oct. 15, 2018.
Pre-Order from Sep. 25th to Sep. 30th, we will provide the DHL Express free shipping.
If you preordered A50, you will able to participate the promotion of the upgrade kit for A50X. (Estimate release in the middle of Oct.)

Brian_Buckley

Trash Compacter
Sep 26, 2017
Would be great if they offered a non-branded side panel instead of the giant Geeek one. What CPU cooler options do you get with that extra 18mm clearance compared to the A4? (48 vs 66mm)

Also there have been some quality control concerns with Geeek in the past. This looks good but I would wait for reviews to roll in first.

Reactions: el01

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Would be great if they offered a non-branded side panel instead of the giant Geeek one. What CPU cooler options do you get with that extra 18mm clearance compared to the A4? (48 vs 66mm)

Also there have been some quality control concerns with Geeek in the past. This looks good but I would wait for reviews to roll in first.
You could hypothetically make a rough copy of the panel using calipers and a LOT of patience. Or, seal that area in using Sugru/Flex tape/clay.

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018

U can use the 120mm Noctua L12
Or the full coper Thermal right x100p

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017

Scythe Big Shuriken 2 @ 58mm or Noctua NH-L12 @ 66mm using just he 92mm fan.

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
I really like it, but the side panel with the really loud logo is really off putting for me. If it was available with a perforated metal side instead, I'd strongly consider it instead of a Dan Case or a Louqe.

aa12bb

Cable Smoosher
Sep 28, 2018
Hello all, I preordered the A50 white. This is my first go around on this.

1. I will be using i5 4670K
2. Should I be looking for a blower style GPU?
3. What will be the best CPU Cooler?
4. 92mm case fans - Arctic F9 92MM PWMs x 3?

Thanks!