Enclosure Geeek A31 V2

pwneta

Cable Smoosher
Apr 13, 2020
@benor83 looking at this case right now, the 1080ti mini is 211mm right? do you think the case would fit a 200mm gpu? i’ve seen on reddit that it can but i want to be sure

benor83

Chassis Packer
Nov 18, 2019
@pwneta i've measured it and you should be fine, you won't need front panel standoffs... just be careful with the Video Card thikness, for my Zotac mini i had to increase the size of the PCIe standoff for my card to fit and i add to modified Mobo standoff has well ... Just for my information which gpu are you going to use ?

Reactions: Odd_Fox

pwneta

Cable Smoosher
Apr 13, 2020
@pwneta i've measured it and you should be fine, you won't need front panel standoffs... just be careful with the Video Card thikness, for my Zotac mini i had to increase the size of the PCIe standoff for my card to fit and i add to modified Mobo standoff has well ... Just for my information which gpu are you going to use ?
just ordered an asus dual 2070 mini - 197mm
it’s their new dedicated gpu for intels 9 series nuc pc’s

their twitter post about the a31 says it supports 200mm but their CS just replied to me that it only takes 190mm ?

ugisp

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 11, 2020
just ordered an asus dual 2070 mini - 197mm
it’s their new dedicated gpu for intels 9 series nuc pc’s

their twitter post about the a31 says it supports 200mm but their CS just replied to me that it only takes 190mm ?
Please let me know how it fits .
Asked CS the same question and got the same answer, but its not clear how are those measurments done.

ugisp

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 11, 2020

u/themodman_ on reddit helped me out and found out that if you remove that front bar (no loss of structural support) it will work
Wow, this is amazing, I actually ordered Geeek a35, I'm will do this on that case in order to gain extra 15mm.

startznow

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 17, 2020

I have similar set up as @benor83, I extend the length from behind instead of in front by adding a nut and few washer then removed the vertical aluminium bar to fit my zotac gtx 1080 mini. Initially, was buying a30 from a seller but I received a31 instead which not fit my gpu and need a bit of modding. I actually end up did not screw few of the place like:
1. motherboard only screw 3 out of 4
2. standoff for pcie riser 0 out of 2 because i use diff pcie riser from geeek which i recommed to get from geeek to avoid compatibility issue
3. vertical bar I didn't use any but i can actually use 1 on the cpu side, didn't use it on cpu side due to only realize it half way building and i just continue to see if it stable after complete
4. the panel that mount drive and the bottom standoff, i screw 2 out of 3 due to not using vertical bar on gpu side.
Overall the build is still stable and okay even without some of the screw expect that i not comfortable with the gpu due to it's only secure by one tiny panel at the back of the port and not screw with the standoff.

@pwneta as for your question, YES it will support 200mm GPU if you removed the vertical bar and it doesn't affect the build stability after you mount all the panel.
I just measured the thickness of the bar is approximately 12 - 13mm.
It could even probably support my zotac gpu without modding if I removed the vertical bar and removed the GPU shroud and doesn't care of the aesthetic

Hope this helps and doesn't know if you can view the image from the link i post
I was searching on how other manage the cable on a31

Reactions: Odd_Fox

startznow

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 17, 2020

I have similar set up as @benor83, I extend the length from behind instead of in front by adding a nut and few washer then removed the vertical aluminium bar to fit my zotac gtx 1080 mini. Initially, was buying a30 from a seller but I received a31 instead which not fit my gpu and need a bit of modding. I actually end up did not screw few of the place like:
1. motherboard only screw 3 out of 4
2. standoff for pcie riser 0 out of 2 because i use diff pcie riser from geeek which i recommed to get from geeek to avoid compatibility issue
3. vertical bar I didn't use any but i can actually use 1 on the cpu side, didn't use it on cpu side due to only realize it half way building and i just continue to see if it stable after complete
4. the panel that mount drive and the bottom standoff, i screw 2 out of 3 due to not using vertical bar on gpu side.
Overall the build is still stable and okay even without some of the screw expect that i not comfortable with the gpu due to it's only secure by one tiny panel at the back of the port and not screw with the standoff.

@pwneta as for your question, YES it will support 200mm GPU if you removed the vertical bar and it doesn't affect the build stability after you mount all the panel. I just measured the thickness of the bar is approximately 12 - 13mm.
It could probably support my zotac gpu without modding if I removed the vertical bar and removed the GPU shroud and doesn't care of the aesthetic

Hope this helps and doesn't know if you can view the image from the link i post
I was searching on how other manage the cable on a31