Enclosure Geeek A31 V2

Odd_Fox

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Feb 8, 2020
Sometime overnight Geeek launched their A31 V2. There's unfortunately very little info on the A31 and what differentiates it from its predecessor, the A30, so if you end up ordering one please stop by and let us know what your thoughts are. I've been eyeing Geeek for a while as I plan to use it in a secondary streaming pc build with my current internals once I upgrade my main rig.

sgsharkie

Cable Smoosher
Dec 16, 2019
I noticed this too, not obvious what the differences are.

I'd love to get feedback from anyone who has built in an A1 also, as I'm considering it for a build in the near future.

Reactions: Odd_Fox

sgsharkie

Cable Smoosher
Dec 16, 2019
I’ve only been tracking them somewhat recently, do they produce batches somewhat regularly?

I'm the same as you, not sure how frequently they produce them. Oddly though, they used to be available on Amazon in the UK but don't seem to be there anymore.

sp1der

Efficiency Noob
Feb 2, 2020
I got hold of a A31, it is slightly smaller than A30. There is no psu cover in this version, no hdd holder to be secure at the 'back' of the front panel. In short, only support 1 x 2.5 (9mm) hdd at the left panel. Top panel support 2 x 8015mm or 2 x 9215mm slim fan. Thats about it.

Odd_Fox

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Feb 8, 2020
I got hold of a A31, it is slightly smaller than A30. There is no psu cover in this version, no hdd holder to be secure at the 'back' of the front panel. In short, only support 1 x 2.5 (9mm) hdd at the left panel. Top panel support 2 x 8015mm or 2 x 9215mm slim fan. Thats about it.
I am using an onboard intel graphic, since it is slightly smaller than A30, the support length for the gpu will be shorter too.
Thanks for the info sp1der! It sounds perfect for a build I have planned.

benor83

Chassis Packer
Nov 18, 2019
Hi all,
I have ordered one and i should received by this Friday.
I hope i'll be able to fit my Zotac 1080ti mini in it, doesn't look promising looking at the GPU compatibility table, they say max length 190 mm and the Zotac is 210 mm , i might use my dremel to make it fit ... Keep you posted this week end ...

Odd_Fox

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Feb 8, 2020
Hi all,
I have ordered one and i should received by this Friday.
I hope i'll be able to fit my Zotac 1080ti mini in it, doesn't look promising looking at the GPU compatibility table, they say max length 190 mm and the Zotac is 210 mm , i might use my dremel to make it fit ... Keep you posted this week end ...

Looking forward to some pics!

benor83

Chassis Packer
Nov 18, 2019
@Odd_Fox , case received !!!
Here are some pictures ...
I came across 2 problems to fit the 1080ti mini, too long and too thick ... Shame i couldn't get my hands on the previous model :-(

I swapped the 25mm standoff for 30mm so the fan blades won't touch the case:

And i've ordered some M4 *6+6 standoff for the front panel.

Video ports are still usable

Reactions: sgsharkie

Odd_Fox

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Feb 8, 2020
@benor83 bummer about the fit :/ Would deshrouding the gpu and filing down the rad fin-stack give you the mm you need?

heraldo_jones

Efficiency Noob
Feb 23, 2020
I've been checking for this one or the A40, but long time the web says no stock and they do not respond to my question through email or social media :/

cwspellowe

Cable Smoosher
New User
Mar 7, 2020
Luckily I found an A30 used on eBay as the A31 will only fit itx form factor cards. Shame as I wanted to downsize but didn't want to sacrifice GPU horsepower, my 2070 Super Mini is a perfect fit in the A30. No way it would fit without permanent modification to the shroud and fans.

benor83

Chassis Packer
Nov 18, 2019
@benor83 bummer about the fit :/ Would deshrouding the gpu and filing down the rad fin-stack give you the mm you need?
I solved the problem with the fan blades touching the case with longer GPU standoff (+5mm so 30mm), deshrouding the gpu fan won't help me with the length problem as the rad is longer than the case. I've tried to remove the "bumper" and keep only rad and fan but it didn't help with the tickness of the card It feels like this bumper really help securing the space for the blades not to touch the case, i even plan on sticking some termal tape to secure the small gap between blade and case. Standoff for the front panel are coming today, i'll post new picture when installed ...

benor83

Chassis Packer
Nov 18, 2019
I solved the problem with the fan blades touching the case with longer GPU standoff (+5mm so 30mm), deshrouding the gpu fan won't help me with the length problem as the rad is longer than the case. I've tried to remove the "bumper" and keep only rad and fan but it didn't help with the tickness of the card It feels like this bumper really help securing the space for the blades not to touch the case, i even plan on sticking some termal tape to secure the small gap between blade and case. Standoff for the front panel are coming today, i'll post new picture when installed ...

I've installed the 6mm standoff for the front panel and i'm pretty happy about the result :

I've swapped again the GPU standoff from 30 to 28mm and the blade don't touche the case and the GPU output are more align to the case.

I might even leverage this gap between the front panel and the rest of the case to install a 60mm or 80mm fan for air intake below the GPU and in front of the Flex atx PSU

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
How much height is there at the bottom of the case for the FlexATX power supply? The Meanwell AC/DC power supplies are 43mm tall (FlexATX is 40.5mm tall). Is there any extra room?

benor83

Chassis Packer
Nov 18, 2019
Hi @smitty2k1 , i've measured and it's about 50mm to the bottom of the Mobo standoff, so it would be 48mm when the mobo is installed. So i guess i'll have enough clearance for the Meanwell.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Hi @smitty2k1 , i've measured and it's about 50mm to the bottom of the Mobo standoff, so it would be 48mm when the mobo is installed. So i guess i'll have enough clearance for the Meanwell.

Wow that's awesome! I'm not sure any of the other 'mini-sandwich' cases have that kind of space down there. Thanks!
I also really like the 92mm top fans instead of 80mm. I've signed up for the wait list for one of these.