Geeek A30 powered by HDPlex 400w

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 26, 2019
I have access to a CNC router table at my job so I will custom cut a plate for that area. I might also re-cut sides for my case.
Thank you sooo very much for the info.

that's very handy! that's also what i would've recommended if the Geeek solution wasn't satisfactory for you :)

Makusan

Chassis Packer
Nov 27, 2019
so i made absolutely no change to the hardware of my build, i love it. it's powerful, it's quiet, it's compact! only thing i finally managed to do is make some custom fit power cables, and i'm super happy with the results! here are some random progress shots! don't know why the lighting went all whacko, but oh well:

Very nicely done !!! I'm sure this will help with air flow also. Do you have any tests on the thermals of your components under load? I'm looking at the A40, for a mini workstation build. I'm going with the R7 2700 (8C) with NH-L9i. I can easily use a entry level Quadro P620/1000 or Radeon WX 3100. Both are half Length cards. What I'm concerned with is heat and noise. It appears that using a SUG 300W brings with it lots of fan noise. Yet, going with the HDPlex 400 AC/DC and a HDPlex400W DC/DC brings a much higher price to the build. I would appreciate any feedback, since this is my first mITX build, and I have not built a system for about 15 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: princess_daphie

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 26, 2019
Very nicely done !!! I'm sure this will help with air flow also. Do you have any tests on the thermals of your components under load? I'm looking at the A40, for a mini workstation build. I'm going with the R7 2700 (8C) with NH-L9i. I can easily use a entry level Quadro P620/1000 or Radeon WX 3100. Both are half Length cards. What I'm concerned with is heat and noise. It appears that using a SUG 300W brings with it lots of fan noise. Yet, going with the HDPlex 400 AC/DC and a HDPlex400W DC/DC brings a much higher price to the build. I would appreciate any feedback, since this is my first mITX build, and I have not built a system for about 15 years.

i don't have precise measurements and unfortunately i ended up selling the case after all, lol! i'm OCD about my computer build and i couldn't stand having to dismantle it all at the slightest hardware change, and also the fact it was a bit flimsy because of the mounting mechanism, and also, DUST MAGNET on those panels!

i recommissioned my Lian-Li PC-Q21 and modded it for airflow (2x92mm fans on top) otherwise it was a literal oven.

but i can tell you i had ZERO temperature issues with the A30 using the HDPlex 400w. temps were cool and when gaming or under load, the heat was rising up super easily and exhausted as it was created. i have a bit more heat issues in my Lian-Li, but it's under control. i certainly felt safer with the A30 as far as temps go. i'm positive the A40 must be a good choice with very similar thermal management!

Reactions: Makusan

marqDsade

Cable Smoosher
Oct 29, 2019
I finally cut my side panels and here is the finished product.