Geeek A30 finding a graphics card that fit!!!

green_reaper

Efficiency Noob
Apr 18, 2019
recently just bought the A30 case as well, i am curious as to what graphics card to get, i would prefer to get the zotac 2070 mini because of the dual fans, but im not sure it will fit, i have seen dual fan cards fitted into it, but im not entirely sure because geeek is kind of vague with alot.

The dimensions register as
211mm x 129mm x 41mm

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 26, 2019
recently just bought the A30 case as well, i am curious as to what graphics card to get, i would prefer to get the zotac 2070 mini because of the dual fans, but im not sure it will fit, i have seen dual fan cards fitted into it, but im not entirely sure because geeek is kind of vague with alot.

I would stick to cards that are 121mm tall max, and 208mm long max! you can get away with slightly longer cards if you don't plan on installing a front 2.5" drive. also, the actual absolute height for the video card is 125mm tall, but i don't know if it's even possible to insert a card that is that height, because it would touch the upper acrylic structural piece. at 121mm, i had to unfasten the motherboard posts to fit mine in. at 129mm, i'm fairly sure the case would need some actual modifications to allow one in.

Last edited:
Reactions: sp1der

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 26, 2019
one of the newer zotac compact dual fans cooler design would be a perfect fit in the case. had i not bought the rtx 2060 earlier, i probably would've gotten that one:

https://www.zotac.com/us/product/graphics_card/zotac-gaming-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-6gb-gddr6

Reactions: rfarmer

green_reaper

Efficiency Noob
Apr 18, 2019
thanks for the response was holding off on ordering anything till i got confirmation. I really wanted to get the 2070 to have room for future proofin (might get the h200i when i move to a bigger spaec).....might get the gigabyte 2070 mini instad of the 1660... also would you recommend any of the accessories they sell? like the psu cover and fan extender cable?

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Jan 26, 2019
thanks for the response was holding off on ordering anything till i got confirmation. I really wanted to get the 2070 to have room for future proofin (might get the h200i when i move to a bigger spaec).....might get the gigabyte 2070 mini instad of the 1660... also would you recommend any of the accessories they sell? like the psu cover and fan extender cable?

while it's a bit OCD-triggering for me to only have a single-fan video card when there is room for small dual-fans, and there's a dual-fan grill design in the acrylic cover, the single-fan RTX 2060 and 2070 from Gigabyte are an ideal fit otherwise. they require a tiny bit of finnegling to get them slotted properly, but it's not crazy difficult, and they're a perfect fit. i guess you've seen you can still use the front 2.5" hdd spot and have enough room to work with cable-management in the front area. it's also more flexible in the ITX video cards world, lol

as for the accessories, if you intend to use a flex-atx power supply, i recommend the psu cover, because it is a perfect fit on top of the flex-atx psu. if you intend to use the hdplex 400 like i did in the end, it can't be used, but in that case you'd buy the flex-atx to dc-atx psu adapter bracket to have something to fix the DC-in jack to :) if you have only one case fan header on your MB and don't already have a fan splitter, their fan splitters are as good as any i guess. i already had one so i didn't need theirs. also make sure you have 2x80mm fans to use on top of the case, it helps a lot with cooling!

green_reaper

Efficiency Noob
Apr 18, 2019
while it's a bit OCD-triggering for me to only have a single-fan video card when there is room for small dual-fans, and there's a dual-fan grill design in the acrylic cover, the single-fan RTX 2060 and 2070 from Gigabyte are an ideal fit otherwise. they require a tiny bit of finnegling to get them slotted properly, but it's not crazy difficult, and they're a perfect fit. i guess you've seen you can still use the front 2.5" hdd spot and have enough room to work with cable-management in the front area. it's also more flexible in the ITX video cards world, lol

as for the accessories, if you intend to use a flex-atx power supply, i recommend the psu cover, because it is a perfect fit on top of the flex-atx psu. if you intend to use the hdplex 400 like i did in the end, it can't be used, but in that case you'd buy the flex-atx to dc-atx psu adapter bracket to have something to fix the DC-in jack to :) if you have only one case fan header on your MB and don't already have a fan splitter, their fan splitters are as good as any i guess. i already had one so i didn't need theirs. also make sure you have 2x80mm fans to use on top of the case, it helps a lot with cooling!

Thanks, yeah i REALLY want dual fans but i like the longevity of the 2070 more than i would with a 1660 or a 2060 mini....i wish the 2070 mini from zotac would fit or there were more 211mm 2070 options....and i plan to get the psu cover... also was thinking of a solution for dust filters? can any be mounted where the 80 mm fans are going? and i wanted to kind of DIY some mesh filters on the case sides, maybe with those removable glue dots and some mesh filters?

PS. i also went with 1 250 Samsung 970 Evo nvme for OS, and a 2 tb nvme for storage/games. so i won't be using any ssd or hdd space.

Last edited:

RockFlesh

Cable Smoosher
Apr 25, 2020
so i got my RMA accepted and went ahead to order the gigabyte itx rtx 2060 and i got it yesterday. already rebuilt my A30 with it. a few things to note:

Geeek told me by email that video card height compatibility in this case is 123mm. This is an "absolute" measurement as it's the space between the top motherboard bracket and bottom of the card: it doesn't take into account the wiggle room needed to actually insert and plug the cable into the slot! the gigabyte card is 121mm and it was quite the challenge to slot it in. I had to completely unscrew the motherboard standoffs from the bracket in order to PRY away the motherboard a few mm to be able to slot the card in. I chipped a few bits and pieces of acrylic here and there while doing it. Luckily it's minor, but still, SCARY!

That video card delivers all right! I tested running unigine heaven to see if using the video card to its fullest would trip any of my power units in chain and my setup seems to work! However that card throws out MASSIVE heat when taxed, it was insane, even on the open bench I could feel the heat pouring out of the card. I'm setting it to 80% power limit in MSI Afterburner for normal use. I still have to play more with different games and settings, but I seem to draw between 200 and 240w total from the wall when gaming. My Dell 330w brick and HDPlex 400W seem to be able to handle it great.

I totally butchered the flex atx to dc acrylic bracket i have in order to adapt the hole to the larger hdplex 400w DC socket thing (the hdplex 130w bracket was much smaller), so i'll probably order another one to cover my OCD. it still holds the connector and all, but it's cracked and my crazy glue attempt was botched because i'm an idiot. so it's ugly. but it's not visible. and it works. but it annoys me. lol

i have ONE QUESTION about the Gigabyte card if anyone else has it:

does it, like, act weird when settting the fan speed lower than 30% ? mine goes like it has its PWM circuit on opioids. it's like i can hear it rev up, down, up, down. i know PWM is supposed to be in the microseconds range, but it's like under 30% the PWM is on 1 second, off 0.5 second, etc. crazy. anyone else noticed this?
I had the exact same problem with the revving when under 30%. I just barely returned my Gigabyte card because of that and the fact that it's insanely loud when operating above 50% fan speed. I can hear it when I'm playing Warzone, and it's so annoying. I'm gonna be replacing it with the EVGA Rtx 2060 ko which should be quieter. Definitely don't like the gigabyte 2060 though.