Enclosure Full ATX in SFF case?

Jordy

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Sep 17, 2017
Hello,

I wanted to build a xeon machine, with the 1366 socket.

I would like to carry it around, and was wondering what my options are. I will use a HD PLEX psu so don't need a full atx psu. And i'm also able to cut some parts inside the case if needed.

Personally i was thinking about the node 202. But i'm not sure if everything will fit.

Thanks.

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
If you want a Mini ITX Xeon one I can offer you one. Not cheap, not cheap at all but that's also cause it includes the CPU. Can provide some details tomorrow if interested

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Hello,
I wanted to build a xeon machine, with the 1366 socket.
I would like to carry it around, and was wondering what my options are. I will use a HD PLEX psu so don't need a full atx psu. And i'm also able to cut some parts inside the case if needed.
Personally i was thinking about the node 202. But i'm not sure if everything will fit.
Thanks.

Why do you want Xeon? Just trying to understand your rationale.

If high core count, would a Ryzen / Coffee Lake system do?
If ECC support, would Ryzen do?

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Simple question, simple answer...Kimera Industries Cerberus-x..:)

Check my build (signature). I guess that the case for you..:)

Reactions: Jordy

Jordy

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Sep 17, 2017
Why do you want Xeon? Just trying to understand your rationale.

If high core count, would a Ryzen / Coffee Lake system do?
If ECC support, would Ryzen do?

Yeah a ryzen would do but i bought a x5650 12gb ram and a msi x58 pro e for just €160 already had a nano psu laying around, gonna use this build for college. Instead of buying a €500 pentium laptop with 4 gb of ram, i'm better of with this. And i'm also working on a Ryzen build right now.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
What do you mean by nano psu? Dc-dc like hdplex? If yes, it's not able to handle r9 nano..:) (check my s4 mini link..:))

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
You can mod a lot of mATX cases that have he psu mount in the bottom to fit an ATX board. Ideally you go with an SFX psu since you need to relocate that. Definitely getting your hands dirty but if you get the case really cheap hacking it up is super fun really!