Cooling Found this ~65mm CPU cooler for 60mm fans.

Duality92

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Apr 12, 2018

CPU Cooler : https://www.dynatron.co/product-page/p66g

Fan I used : https://www.blacknoise.com/site/en/...-blacksilentfan-series/60x60x25mm.php?lang=EN

I ended up with three server with LGA 775 systems in it from a friend to upgrade to c2q and 8GB DDR2 and I took one of these CPU coolers, modded the CPU brackets to take wider spaced sockets and I put it in my living rooms Alienware X51 R2 with a delidded and LM'd i5 4590S. I put a Noiseblocker XR1 60mm fan on it and it's really great, I think this would be a great option for SFF cases, there's three 6mm heatpipes and full copper construction, it's really heavy (700g) and has dense fins, which with a good static pressure fan should perform great. Mounting for the fan is super easy too, I'm considering using the stock PWM dynatron fan eventually (up to 8000RPM!!) if I upgrade this PC to a 4790K and I'm sure it'll do really good regardless, with a bit more modding, you could even add a second 60mm fan.

What do you guys think of this? How does it compare to other SFF solotuons at this height? (or think it would?)

Reactions: ZivZulander

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
I kind of want to make a case for one of these tiny tower coolers. Something with full front-to-back airflow using 92mm fans in a narrow console-like form factor. I don't know that it makes a lot of sense, though, considering you can probably get better cooling/less noise with a 65mm tall top-down cooler and bigger fans.

Also reminds me of this cooler that Noctua showed a few years ago:

Too bad they never made it.

Duality92

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Apr 12, 2018
I kind of want to make a case for one of these tiny tower coolers. Something with full front-to-back airflow using 92mm fans in a narrow console-like form factor. I don't know that it makes a lot of sense, though, considering you can probably get better cooling/less noise with a 65mm tall top-down cooler and bigger fans.

Also reminds me of this cooler that Noctua showed a few years ago:

Too bad they never made it.

My main issue with top down is exactly that, you HAVE to have perforated side panels, this would enable full glass side panels (or plexi, whichever).

I mean the modding part of it was ultra simple too. I ended up removing the shroud from mine and tie-wrapping a fan just for dat copper lol

Also, this is the case I'm using, which has horrible airflow, so I have a asus turbo 1070 Ti and this cooler as sort of intake from the rear, works quite well. Reached 60C during long gaming session with a silent fan on it.