Forum Logo/Title

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
The current logo is something I cobbled together in a matter of minutes, but I actually wanted to spend some time on a marginally more thoughtful one, since most forums stick with logotype, or use generic symbols without much meaning behind them.

The "infinite box" used now was meant to signify how SFF computers, when well executed, can find space where people wouldn't otherwise expect it to be. But the wireframe looks pretty brittle and plain, so I don't think it will work well. The logo needs to be a bit more full-bodied.

Hence, here's what I've experimented with for a second attempt:

The first one essentially inverts the current logo, with a yellow -> orange color swatch. It's much more abstract, but you still get the fun sense of illusion if you stare at it.

The second one focuses more on how building SSF computers is an exercise in concentration, by (literally) cascading semitransparent tiles towards the bottom right.

Note that I'm not happy with the current font face, I'll likely keep it as a geometric sans serif, but I have to look through what I've got to find a better alternative.

Anyway, thoughts?

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
Alright, the majority has spoken. One more thing, though... The weight of the type!

Which do you guys prefer (just count #1-#8, starting from the top)?

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
Original poster
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
We've just updated the logo to reflect everyone's thoughts. Thanks for the feedback, all - keep it coming if you have additional changes in mind!