Advice Formd T1 - Silent or very quiet

chrisp7

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Nov 8, 2020
Hi all,
First post here, I have definitely got the SFF bug and spent hours researching - its very addictive isn't it...!

I am trying to build a machine that looks good and is silent (or very quiet). I'm very interested indeed in the T1, and I am aware that the smaller you go the harder to effectively cool quietly so appreciate the choice of the T1 not quite the easiest choice.I am rather loathed to go the watercooling route since there will be some noise from the pump, so ideally air cooling would be the best route for the quietest T1 approach I imagine?

Formd T1
3700x (65w)
B550I Aorus Pro AX (no fan)
Noctua L12S
Noctua Fans
Corsair LPX 3600Mhz 64Gb RAM
MSI 960 GTX (fans rarely spin)
450W Nightjar fanless PSU

I was wondering how silent the above could get? Does anyone have an L12S with a T1 that is also going for a silent machine? Would watercooling be the actual better route?

Thanks very much!
Chris

chrisp7

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Nov 8, 2020
Looks like I cant edit the post - the other option is, if it is unlikely to be silent/very quiet I might consider going the M1 Ncase route, but would rather not!

eedev

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 23, 2020
Hi all,
First post here, I have definitely got the SFF bug and spent hours researching - its very addictive isn't it...!
Hey mate!

Yes indeed it is addictive!
I am rather loathed to go the watercooling route since there will be some noise from the pump, so ideally air cooling would be the best route for the quietest T1 approach I imagine?
I don't know about air, but I can tell you I run a DDC pump at low RPM (around 30%) and I can't hear it.
Also my fans start spinning fast only when it's getting really hot.

If you can, please check @fabio's posts because he often joins data such as temperature, fan rpm etc...when he switches builds.
He's done both watercooling and aircooling.

Hope it helps!