Log FormD T1 or Ncase M1

ditop

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Nov 11, 2020
Hey all,

I'm just about set up with parts for a new gaming PC and deciding on which case and GPU to get. Ncase M1 and FormD T1 are my top options right now. A couple of deciding factors for me right now are:

1. Can I get adequate CPU cooling with the T1 in 3-slot mode? I prefer air cooling but would consider AIO. I will be using a Intel i7-10700 (no K)
2. Will being limited to 2-slot GPUs be a problem in the future? I'm happy to get either the RTX 3070 or RX 6800. I just wonder if there will be good options in the high-ish end GPUs range if I want to upgrade in a few years. Ideally the case will last me through upgrades.

Thac0

Caliper Novice
Nov 12, 2020
1) I have no personal experience with the T1, but I did a little searching. Most builds that I saw in 3-slot mode with high end hardware had an AIO and ran on the warmer side with a little undervolting. Didn't spend a lot of time searching, but it looks promising. I'd check what air coolers are compatible with the 3-slot config and search for builds using those.

2) Limiting your build to 2-slot air cooled GPUs will never be a problem in the future if you're willing to accept 80-90% of max GPU performance. I can't imaging there not being a near top end GPU in a 2-slot form factor for the foreseeable future. You won't have the best of the best, but you'll be pretty close to it while staying in the better part of the performance-per-dollar curve.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
1. In 3-slot mode, this leaves 50mm for CPU clearance. 47mm Black Ridge might be the best option? I reckon, it should cool the 10700 sufficiently (especially this is non-K and overclocking is not intended). After all, Intel does supply a stock cooler to go along with the 10700. This stock cooler should be good enough to cool this CPU, with everything in stock. With this logic, the Black Ridge should be too.

2. I predict, higher end cards are not going to be 2.0 slot in the future, except perhaps Nvidia/AMD's own 'reference' design. Not limiting yourself to these cards, so, it is better to plan for 2.x cards (where x is larger than zero).

oldlee1234

Cable Smoosher
Jun 14, 2020
I have both T1 and NCase M1.
For T1 in 3slot mode, you can get an AIO, personally, I am using cooler master ML240, which handles my 5950X fine. ( need to replace one fan with Noctua A12-15 fan)
I think T1 can handle your CPU & GPU well.
Ncase will do better for sure but a little bigger.
BTW, T1 will cost you more time on cabling for sure due to limited space.

ditop

Efficiency Noob
Original poster
Nov 11, 2020
Does it hurt GPU temps to use a 240mm AIO for the CPU?

Also, am I right in thinking that the T1 has slightly better GPU compatibility than the M1? It looks like Ncase is more limited in what GPU can fit which I didn't realize before. For example, it looks like almost every RTX 3080 model needs the front IO ports removed to work in the M1 (looking here for M1 and here for T1).