Advice FormD T1 air-cooled build

demosaic

Case Bender
Original poster
New User
Nov 19, 2020
I'm in the final stages of planning my sffpc, and want to do a quick sanity check to get some feedback while I organise the final parts and order.

Might also look into undervolting the CPU and/or GPU depending on how temperatures are looking, but from what I've read so far temperatures should be manageable with air cooling only in the T1 (2 slot mode, with PSU offset to give the GPU some breathing space)

CPU: Ryzen 3600 or 3700x (still deciding)
Motherboard: Gigabyte b550i aorus pro xr
Cooler: Noctua NH-L12S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB
GPU: RTX 3070 FE
PSU: SF750
Case: FormD T1
Case fans: 2 x Noctua NF-A12x25

I'm thinking with both case fans at the top exhausting out of the case, the NH-L12S should be configured to pull air in from the side panels, but not 100% sure yet

I've been reading as much as I can and based it off some existing builds I've found, but any tips or feedback is appreciated! It's been a very long time since I've built a machine so I'll be taking it nice and slow.

Reactions: anothernoob

baldersz

Cable Smoosher
Sep 28, 2020
I just completed a very similar build using the gigabyte b550 aorus board. I would highly recommend getting the NH-L12 Ghost S1 Edition as it's 66mm in height (NH-L12S is 70mm) and the extra 4mm allowed me to fit it under the side strut. I used the same fans on top as both exhaust.