Prototype Flux A01 - 16l ITX silent airflow case - 2 chamber design

The_Psyko

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 10, 2020
So and here is the final update for now:

Put all Parts together and made some Pics.
I am working on the settings for my GPU and CPU and make some testing.

Any Feedback? Thanks Marco

Last edited:
Reactions: railtwo

Spartoi

Caliper Novice
Jun 4, 2018
The skeleton looks good but I still think/hoping for vented (metal) panels in the final build as it looks thermally limited and defeats the purpose of being able to install a large cooler.

The_Psyko

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 10, 2020
What i can tell right now from testing, i notice no big difference (1-3°C) in CPU and GPU temps with and without the side panels. so ventilation is fine, but i am working on a big update on the case for a all aluminum CNC produced case and there i will add an option for glass or vented metal side panel.

Spartoi

Caliper Novice
Jun 4, 2018
What about PSU temps/noise? Based on how the PSU is mounted, I suspected it would be affected most by more ventilation.

The_Psyko

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 10, 2020
i do not recognize any noise from the PSU right now, i will measure the temps as good as i can with an external temperature sensor to see how good or bad it is, what i can say is the air which comes out at the top isnt that hot under full load, so i think the air which is more or less pressed into the PSU right now is not bad for PSU temps.

Spartoi

Caliper Novice
Jun 4, 2018
i do not recognize any noise from the PSU right now, i will measure the temps as good as i can with an external temperature sensor to see how good or bad it is, what i can say is the air which comes out at the top isnt that hot under full load, so i think the air which is more or less pressed into the PSU right now is not bad for PSU temps.

Sounds good.

The_Psyko

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Feb 10, 2020
sure, i am working on that, i plan to fit a RTX3090 in there. But i am not shure if i should make 2 cases and you can select or just make a bigger one.
as a little update, i have some issues with my testing rig, i have some bluescreens after my windows update, i reinstalled the hole system but nothing changed :/

Xavi3R

Cable Smoosher
Aug 26, 2019
Long time lurker of this case. Looks awesome, couple of thoughts to share. Please no use of glossy materials. The outside looks like a fingerprint magnet. I understand this is the prototype but sth to keep in mind. Also please make a solid aluminum/metal version. The transparent sidepanels subtract from the minimalism this case has in shape and functionality imho. And finally hoping for vents everywhere. No reason to not have the whole panel fully perforated. I think will imporove performance and uniformity. I know my suggestions are kinda bland but is the tried and tested recipe of keeping it simple, performant and functional. Also how can you take my money ?

Edit ** Also I a bit curious to know if the af15 fits the back exhaust of the case. If it does nounted to the case or the cooler, then getting the 2fan version of NH-D15 would cover all fans needed for the case. af15 > than 14 and also one cooler package gets you sorted for ultimate air flow

also here is a heretic idea:
as ihas been probed the small fan of the psu cannot keep up with the heat emmited from the monstrous nh-d15. It just manages to get the psu choked and overheated on full cpu load for no reason.
The reason of interest in a case of that litre capacity is to accommodate monstrous air coolers for high end and high wattage warm components.
Imagine the signle ~88mm psu having to handle the heat that comes out of a 5950x

Why not use this thermal design:

cpu cooler gets fed fresh air from top and side and exhausts hot air out the back and front can have a mesh/vented situation and the now reverted psu gets fed from top and throws hot air out the front of the case. It follows the same separation/delegation of thermal behavior you are trying to achieve with the gpu inside this case. You could create another chamber and let each component handle it's own weight independandly (3 chambers for gpu/cpu/psu).

Last edited: