First ITX SFF Build based J3160TM-ITX

Stevo_

Master of Cramming
Jul 2, 2015
I'm using a PCIE x1 adapter as there are no M.2s on this mobo and even on the j5005 only the wifi is M.2(too short for an NVME SSD card). This card;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/M-2-NGFF-K...dapter-for-Samsung-950-Pro-SM951/292816336365

Case is made from makerbeam parts, have a build thread I need to update probably on page 3 by now in the builds section called "Cutting the Cable". I'll try to update tonight as the case has changed a bit, smaller.

SFF EOL

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Dec 9, 2018
I have a spare PCIe 2.1, not really sure how that would work out with the M.2 but as long as I have a spare M.2 stick I’ll probably give it a punt, we can get the riser cards on eBay in the UK (via China). Worst case is it just doesn’t work, and best case it isn’t maximised but it would still be as fast as a SATA SSD.

Know the stuff you are talking about as regards ‘makerbeam’, used it a few years ago when I was earning spare money doing kiosk ARM based SBC- got priced out and taken out by the bigger players though once large companies started fitting them instead of conventional point of sale boards (I was just doing things for non-profits and museum type places, glorified touch screen power point really. Still play around with SBC though, cheap way into small form factor with the Raspberry Pi.