Final Build Check! - Help?

JPa

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 16, 2019
gaming oc is too thick for normal 12x25 fans. Just by a few mm.
I'm thinking of going without fans for now and get some 15mm ones if I need to.

I cant open the ram link, but if its 3200mhz or higher and lower profile it should fit below the c14s. Qvl doesn't matter that much though. Ryzen 3000 eats it all.
It's the 3200Mhz CL14 one. It says height of 40mm, which is exactly the clearance of the C14S I think.. so not sure if it'll fit?

your monitor is very expensive. I have the Aorus AD27QD and the newer version (FI27 somewhat) has come out with a even better -P modelnumber later this year with displayport 1.4 for 10bit on higher refresh (Above 120hz). I would consider these.

I can't get easy access to the newer Aorus monitors here, and this one seems pretty darn good. The AD27QD is the same price here, so I figured I'd prefer this one.
Getting better and better :p few points:
Thanks!

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
To the Ram-topic:
I just finished my build with 3700x, RTX 2080 and a B450-i Strix. Custom waterloop with 2x240.
After a lot of reading I decided on a Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3000 Cl 15 kit of 2x16 gb for 140 Euro.
My cheap Ram runs 3800 Cl 16-19-16-34 @1.42v and the fabric is overclocked to 1900 mhz accordingly. It is stable in Aida64, Memtest and Prime95 mixed 26.6.

If you want to spend a couple of hours tinkering with your ram the results can be quite impressive.

Maybe it´s late, but same here. I have bought the 2x8gb modules and I run them at 3770 mhz 14-19-18-37 @ 1.55v and well ventilated of course. my kit rump up quite well with voltage, but you have to keep them cool in order to be stable. And the best par is that I paid 85 euros for the kit, super cheap.

HyperActive

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2019
I'm thinking of going without fans for now and get some 15mm ones if I need to.

It's the 3200Mhz CL14 one. It says height of 40mm, which is exactly the clearance of the C14S I think.. so not sure if it'll fit?

I can't get easy access to the newer Aorus monitors here, and this one seems pretty darn good. The AD27QD is the same price here, so I figured I'd prefer this one.

Thanks!
Shame not the whole world has the same prices and availability...
Cl14 is a better die, so very nice overclocking. Often expensive but with a good deal, is very nice! You can probably 3600 cl16 without changing voltage. Trident z is 44mm and fits nicely, so you are fine. Good luck!

Soulforger90

Trash Compacter
Sep 30, 2019
I purchased 32gb of Crucial Ballistix 3000mhz ram and was able to overclock it to 3733mhz on the stock voltage or 1.35v I think it was. Passed memtest86, prime 95, etc. Really impressed with it so far. Just make sure if you get Ballistix ram that the part number contains AES in the name. I read those sticks overclock really well.

YaolinY

Efficiency Noob
Sep 26, 2019
First time builder! I really want to make sure I haven't screwed some dimensions/thing up with my list of parts.. Here it is!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock TF 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler
Mobo: Asus ROG Strix X570-I Gaming Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card
PSU: Corsair SF 600 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply
Fans: be quiet! SilentWings 3 PWM 50.5 CFM 120 mm Fan .. (maybe some A12x15 to supplement the GPU?)

Would this fit in the Ncase? Also, how would temperatures be? And would my PSU be enough? Should I get the Gigabyte x570 and U9S instead?

Crap, I'm excited.. inputs anyone? Just around the same price point as it is now is acceptable.
If you need the type-c port. You should get the crosshair impact. This mobo doesn't have a type-c port.

b-stock

Efficiency Noob
Oct 8, 2019
The Asus ROG Strix X570-I does have one rear USB-C port. It's front-side USB-C which is only available on the Asus Crosshair VIII Impact.

b-stock

Efficiency Noob
Oct 8, 2019
On another note @JPa , I'm interested in knowing if you found any information about compatibility between the Asus ROG Strix X570-I motherboard and the NH-C14S cooler. Has anyone confirmed that the CPU socket is in the same place as previous ROG Strix motherboards (X470, B450)?

JPa

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 16, 2019
On another note @JPa , I'm interested in knowing if you found any information about compatibility between the Asus ROG Strix X570-I motherboard and the NH-C14S cooler. Has anyone confirmed that the CPU socket is in the same place as previous ROG Strix motherboards (X470, B450)?

I'll let you know once I try to build my PC this weekend! (Fingers crossed parts all arrive by then ?) But based on the pictures, it looks.. like it?

Reactions: b-stock

b-stock

Efficiency Noob
Oct 8, 2019
My Asus ROG Strix X570-I and NH-C14S are expected to arrive tomorrow. Maybe I'll beat you to it, if I have the time.

Reactions: JPa

ScVince

Efficiency Noob
Oct 5, 2019
NEO rams are more of a marketing gimmick than a real performance boost. There are improvements, yet not that significant compared to the price. 3600 CL16 would be good enough. If the price is still too high, 3200 CL16 will certainly do the job as well. There will not be that much of a performance drop when switching from 3600 to 3200. Cable wise, if you are willing to learn and pay some effort, you can actually make custom cables yourself. It is way cheaper than buying crazily expensive kits from vendors like cablemods. I just helped my friend made a bunch of custom cables for about $30.

JPa

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 16, 2019
@JPa that is good to know that it fits. How difficult was it to seat? Or was it just a tight fit to get in between all the heatsinks, etc.?

It's pretty easy to get in, just have to remember to plug in all the cables first, since you won't be able to after. I had some trouble aligning it with the bracket at first, but it's probably because it's my first build!

caracarlos

Cable Smoosher
Jul 24, 2019
Thanks @JPa for the info!
How were the gpu and cpu temperatures? I like get an 3900x with an nh c14s fan , but i'm afraid if 3900x will be too hotel in ncase with this air cooling :/ . I will very very pleased of you can help with real feedback with your build :) thanks!!

JPa

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 16, 2019
How were the gpu and cpu temperatures? I like get an 3900x with an nh c14s fan , but i'm afraid if 3900x will be too hotel in ncase with this air cooling :/ . I will very very pleased of you can help with real feedback with your build :) thanks!!

My GPU temps (ended up using the 2070S) were really good (I had the dust filter removed): 64C stock, 70C overclocked. But it is quite loud when overclocked (but I don't mind, since I usually game with headphones on). It's a good idea to undervolt it a bit. Then it drops to like 58 or less while performing around stock.

CPU temps: They're rather toasty and I'm still looking into it. I think I might be doing something wrong. Not sure. But right now, after about 10 minutes of Cinebench, it sits around 80C. It idles at about 42-50 depending on its turbo.

Ambient: 22-25C?

JPa

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Sep 16, 2019
I'll see if I can take some decent-ish photos when I get back. But I can tell you the Flare X (which are 40mm tall) have no problem whatsoever sitting under it. In fact, there's a few millimeters to spare too! So you can probably comfortably fit in a 42mm one even. I've heard some people put in Trident Z's.

caracarlos

Cable Smoosher
Jul 24, 2019
I'll see if I can take some decent-ish photos when I get back. But I can tell you the Flare X (which are 40mm tall) have no problem whatsoever sitting under it. In fact, there's a few millimeters to spare too! So you can probably comfortably fit in a 42mm one even. I've heard some people put in Trident Z's.
Thanks a lot :)