Few Questions about the Skyreach Mini Case

theMashine

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Apr 27, 2020
Hi
i was lucky and found a used skyreach mini case with the hd plex 400 (atx+dc), cables and riser for a very good price in my country for a local sale.
im planning on getting it!

at the moment im running a asus z370i + delided i7 8700K with only the normal intel stock cooler.
temperatures are around 45c-50c when im surfing in the web (max 10tabs)
the fan runs in silent mode 950-1150rpm (asus AI) i almost cant hear it, but if i listen very closeley i can still hear a little bit.
i would love to get this lil bit of noise gone and if possible to even get better temps :D

i have a few questions_

1 - is it true all cpu coolers are cooler and quieter then the intel stock cooler?

2 - there are not so many low profile cpu coolers around, i saw most use skyreach builds are using the cryorig or a noctua.
i found this list made from NFC.
i think this list is a year old, is there anything better released meanwhile???
any recommendation which one i should get?

3 - i still need to get me a used gpu, i cant decide what i should get LOL the asus dual rtx 2070 mini looks pretty good...
is there a list of which models fit inside the skyreach mini with a Brick (hdplex power unit) next to it?

4 - what gpu cards are the best for the skyreach? open air or topblow? i would say top blow :D can anybody recomend a good topblow model?

5 - i would like to get a gpu where the fan only spins under load or for example it starts at 50degree.. is this possible with every card?
sorry for this question lol but i havent bought a gpu since 10years i always used the cpus built in gpu LOL

6 - i also plan on adding a cryorig frostbit cooler for my m2 nvme, its around 60C with this cooler it drops down to 40! this should also help the cpu temps...
do anybody have experience with this m2 cooleR?

thx for your help
dave

CARC Mini

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 5, 2018
intel coolers are the worst.

best coolers are when you buy both a noctua, and a copper/graphene cooler, then put the noctua fan on top of the copper/graphene cooler.

i mean best as based on price.

if price is irrelevant, a BlackRidge cooler with Ultra low-profile Ram, and a 120mm fan on the bottom is the best.

Reactions: theMashine

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Hi
i was lucky and found a used skyreach mini case with the hd plex 400 (atx+dc), cables and riser for a very good price in my country for a local sale.
im planning on getting it!

at the moment im running a asus z370i + delided i7 8700K with only the normal intel stock cooler.
temperatures are around 45c-50c when im surfing in the web (max 10tabs)
the fan runs in silent mode 950-1150rpm (asus AI) i almost cant hear it, but if i listen very closeley i can still hear a little bit.
i would love to get this lil bit of noise gone and if possible to even get better temps :D

i have a few questions_

1 - is it true all cpu coolers are cooler and quieter then the intel stock cooler?

2 - there are not so many low profile cpu coolers around, i saw most use skyreach builds are using the cryorig or a noctua.
i found this list made from NFC.
i think this list is a year old, is there anything better released meanwhile???
any recommendation which one i should get?

3 - i still need to get me a used gpu, i cant decide what i should get LOL the asus dual rtx 2070 mini looks pretty good...
is there a list of which models fit inside the skyreach mini with a Brick (hdplex power unit) next to it?

4 - what gpu cards are the best for the skyreach? open air or topblow? i would say top blow :D can anybody recomend a good topblow model?

5 - i would like to get a gpu where the fan only spins under load or for example it starts at 50degree.. is this possible with every card?
sorry for this question lol but i havent bought a gpu since 10years i always used the cpus built in gpu LOL

6 - i also plan on adding a cryorig frostbit cooler for my m2 nvme, its around 60C with this cooler it drops down to 40! this should also help the cpu temps...
do anybody have experience with this m2 cooleR?

thx for your help
dave

1-4. You can google or search in this forum (I'm not really S4 user). Anyway for CPU cooler (especially good low profile ones) - they don't evolve that fast, so perhaps that 1 year old list is more or less still applicable now.

5. Usually they call this zero RPM fan mode, and this mainly depends on the GPU firmware/bios of said card. Many modern GPUs support this, but again, you need to find out what brand & model you prefer & check that particular model in the GPU vendor's website.

6. Interesting. Didn't know such cooler exists. Seems to be the best M2 cooler design I've seen so far. However, need to ensure that your CPU cooler won't block it.

theMashine

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Apr 27, 2020
thx for the answers, i will go with the cryorig c7 and 140 xt fan on top... i already ordered the cryorig c7 + fan and frostbit... i hope the frostbit is going to fit...

i got my case today...
i love it so far, im just a lil bit confused about the hdplex 400... there are three power connector adapters with the hdplx.. .none of them fit in the case...
im not sure , anybody knows if i have to mod the case and cut it out , at the moment i just have the connector hanging out...
'

also any good solutions for a dust filter?? i thought about some mesh on the inside... the air holes a lil bit too big for my taste :D:D

theMashine

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Apr 27, 2020
added the cryorig c7 + the cryorig xt 140mm fan... was a pain in the ass, i had to cut the case to make it fit, but i managed to make it look good, its now working perfectly, the temps are greatl..

i have a delided i7 8700k , i was running it on a stock intel cooler, the temps were around 45-50c on idle with the fan on the lowest rpm possible...
now the temps are 29-35 in idle!!!! this a great improvement!!! the main room temperature is around 25c!!!
i think i would even get better temps if my computer wouldnt stand in front of a sunny window :D:D

BUT i have to say the intel cooler was not so loud as alot of ppl said... it basically was quiet on the lowest rpm... BUT u could hear a lil bit of clicking noise... the new xt140 from cryorig is a lil bit ( just minimal) louder on the lowest rpm ... i can kind of hear the air flow... but on higher rpm its def more quiet... very happy with this upgrade!

theMashine

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Apr 27, 2020