Enclosure Exclusive First Look: JONSBO V8 Case

edokesan

Case Bender
New User
Jul 27, 2020
i'm so torn between this case or the new Cooler master nr200.

i'm also deciding between nr200 for water cooling and this v8 for air cooling. please share your build when you're done with it. quick question re this case tho, would turning the big 200mm fan into an exhaust while adding a rear intake to feed cold air directly at the cpu cooler be better than the stock configuration?

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
i'm also deciding between nr200 for water cooling and this v8 for air cooling. please share your build when you're done with it. quick question re this case tho, would turning the big 200mm fan into an exhaust while adding a rear intake to feed cold air directly at the cpu cooler be better than the stock configuration?

Making the rear fan intake could work, actually pretty good I think.

Forget about the front fan unless you close off the side panels. As I already explained most of the air from the front fan will be sucked or pushed through the side vents instead of making its way through the entire case.

More holes in a case doesn't necessarily mean better thermals. Sometimes it's just the opposite.

HylianSteel

Cable Smoosher
Feb 25, 2019
Despite the ETA given, I was surprised to find my case sitting outside my house this afternoon!
I won't be building in it until the Zen 3 line is out, but i''m certainly happy to just have it sitting on my desk.

Sitting next to my current rig from another angle.

For those that had the same question as I did, the feet are glued on.
Kinda disappointing as I already ordered replacement feet... but I could just drill some holes for them in the future.
All in all, I'm happy with this purchase. ?

ermacnsteez

Cable Smoosher
Jul 29, 2020
Hi, I'm new here and was just wondering if anyone knew if the 200mm fan can be replaced with a noctua? judging by the shapes (square vs circle fan frame), I plan on dremeling the frame of the Noctua fan to make it fit, but I'm concerned that Jonsbo used a thin fan (sub 30mm) and that the thicker noctua fan would rub against the mesh. Thanks for your time!

HylianSteel

Cable Smoosher
Feb 25, 2019
Hi, I'm new here and was just wondering if anyone knew if the 200mm fan can be replaced with a noctua? judging by the shapes (square vs circle fan frame), I plan on dremeling the frame of the Noctua fan to make it fit, but I'm concerned that Jonsbo used a thin fan (sub 30mm) and that the thicker noctua fan would rub against the mesh. Thanks for your time!
I ordered a Noctua fan from Amazon and it'll be here sometime early next week. I'll post about it when it comes in. ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Odd_Fox

Ricky Zeng

Trash Compacter
Jun 10, 2020
Not only the build quality is great but also the design / engineering aspects. Just for example: ALL the meshed side panels (including the front) are fixed with rubber gaskets and SCREWS! ? Yeah! Actual SCREWS made from real metal! No glue, plastic nubs or friction welding! That is so great for all the modders out there. Want to put some custom panels? No problem!

Good quality case. I like how the design for panel mesh screen is executed as well. One quick question though: if the screws are put in from the inside, how come it doesn't stick out from the outer surface of the panel? I wonder what their thread length is versus panel thickness. This has been keeping myself from implementing a few custom made mesh screen solutions...

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Good quality case. I like how the design for panel mesh screen is executed as well. One quick question though: if the screws are put in from the inside, how come it doesn't stick out from the outer surface of the panel? I wonder what their thread length is versus panel thickness. This has been keeping myself from implementing a few custom made mesh screen solutions...

They use threaded standoffs. I put a picture in the first post where you can see them on the front panel.

Ricky Zeng

Trash Compacter
Jun 10, 2020
They use threaded standoffs. I put a picture in the first post where you can see them on the front panel.
Ah I see. This goes for both front and side panels? The standoff looks to be fastened to a hex nut that's welded on the panel. If so, not an easy mod for home DIY? But again this speaks for the quality / craftsmanship of the case.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Ah I see. This goes for both front and side panels? The standoff looks to be fastened to a hex nut that's welded on the panel. If so, not an easy mod for home DIY? But again this speaks for the quality / craftsmanship of the case.

There is also a picture for the side panels. It's just mesh hold by rubber rings and screws. Very easy to do something DIY there.

For the front DIY just drill holes in your custom panel and use some nice looking countersink screws. No need to think too complicated. ;)

Retrias

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 28, 2018
Can you tell me the GPU clearance ? the Website doesnt list anything concrete about thickness of the gpu

HylianSteel

Cable Smoosher
Feb 25, 2019
You're the man/woman/person!
The fan came in early. I've got some good news and some bad news. The fan can work, but not out of the box.
Some pictures I've taken.
The fan is a bit thicker than the one Jonsbo supplies. The case can close just fine with that extra thickness.
Because the fan is thicker, the supplied mounting screws aren't long enough to mount the fan to the chassis.
You'll have to purchase some longer screws somehow. I had some screws from a old AIO that worked just fine.
The fan is a bit taller though, which is a problem when you have it mounted as the top corners get in the way.
If you are determined to use this fan, or you have one lying around... I'd recommend sanding the top corners down.

ermacnsteez

Cable Smoosher
Jul 29, 2020
The fan came in early. I've got some good news and some bad news. The fan can work, but not out of the box.
Some pictures I've taken.
The fan is a bit thicker than the one Jonsbo supplies. The case can close just fine with that extra thickness.
Because the fan is thicker, the supplied mounting screws aren't long enough to mount the fan to the chassis.
You'll have to purchase some longer screws somehow. I had some screws from a old AIO that worked just fine.
The fan is a bit taller though, which is a problem when you have it mounted as the top corners get in the way.
If you are determined to use this fan, or you have one lying around... I'd recommend sanding the top corners down.
Thanks a ton for the useful information! I figured the top corners would interfere with the shell and was concerned about the thickness. Glad to hear the case can still close up with the extra thickness, buying longer screws isn't a big deal. I'm hoping to see some more info on that Horizon Ledge case before I pull the trigger on my next build. A 200mm fan in an ITX case that can support a D15 and full sized graphics card is a dream come true

Reactions: HylianSteel

edokesan

Case Bender
New User
Jul 27, 2020
@HylianSteel, thanks for the info. nice to know that noctua 200mm fan fits even with some fiddling.

@ermacnsteez, the horizon ledge you mentioned seems nice but the psu orientation would kill the cpu cooling airflow tho? there's so little space between the psu and the cpu cooler fan and it's pretty much completely blocking the whole thing.

Reactions: HylianSteel

Diverge

Chassis Packer
Oct 23, 2018
@REVOCCASES @HylianSteel

Can anyone who owns the Jonsbo V8 say if the GPU area can fit a 3 slot GPU (3090 FE), if the backside tray handle is removed, and a 3rd IO slot is cut out of the back panel?

It looks like it can, I just want to be somewhat sure before I try to buy one.

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
@REVOCCASES @HylianSteel

Can anyone who owns the Jonsbo V8 say if the GPU area can fit a 3 slot GPU (3090 FE), if the backside tray handle is removed, and a 3rd IO slot is cut out of the back panel?

It looks like it can, I just want to be somewhat sure before I try to buy one.

This could actually work with some modding. But unfortunately I can't say for sure since I don't have the case anymore.

Reactions: Diverge

Audioholic

Case Bender
New User
Oct 13, 2020
Can someone please confirm if the front intake 200mm fan that comes with the case is 4-pin PWM or Molex?