Other EVGA Powerlink

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
Yes, but the general consensus was that it's not really worth much as it sticks out farther from the GPU than low-profile adapter cables.

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
The adapter has capacity for 2 8-pin connectors. I'm not sure that it's appropriate for cards that only require 1 8-pin or 6-pin. Plus the fine print for the promotion requires you to pay S&H separate from your card. EVGA's cards also don't seem to blow the PCIe spec out of the water like some other AIB partners, so I'm not worried about getting mine plugged in when I pull the trigger on my build.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I think I'm going to get one of the off chance there's proprietary low profile connectors inside I can teardown to get at : )

Also worth mentioning is you can change the adapter configuration to suit your card, so you're not locked into 2 x 8pin

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
They outline it in the info package attached to the contest. It looks like they've done a custom pin device and have tracks for + and - that you screw them into.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Ah yes now it makes sense. A decent system by the looks of it, atleast for the swapping connectors part.