Enermax Neochanger 200mm in NCASE M1.

Nyscol

Case Bender
Original poster
Oct 28, 2018
Hi all,

I'm currently awaiting delivery of my TG window M1. I'm thinking of doing a PETG custom loop with a 92 at the back and slim 240 in the basement. I'm just trying to put together a parts list and I'm currently stuck on a pump/res.

I really like the enermax neochanger 200mm but I'm concerned about the size at just under 20cm in length. Has anyone used, or considered using one of these in their M1 custom loop build? Will it fit? If turned sideways I'm concerned that there will be not enough clearance between the end of the res and the cpu block, and I'm sure it's way too tall to mount vertically. I will be 3D printing custom mounting for it, or just machining it out of a piece of ABS.

Any suggestions?

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
I am not sure, here is a picture of mine for space with the EK pump/res for reference.
(Excuse a few terrible bends, I will be redoing a few when I need to drain the loop next. was my first go at a loop.)

Nyscol

Case Bender
Original poster
Oct 28, 2018
Thanks for sharing, and nice build by the way! That's pretty similar to what I had envisiomed. is that the EK XRES 100? If so, how do you like it, and how was mounting it? Any unforeseen issues, or regrets with it?

Also, I hope you don't mind the questions. But with your Hardware Labs 92mm rad, did you mount the fan on the outside? Do you find you get much noise from that? How's it perform with a fan in pull orientation outside the case?

Thanks again!

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
Thanks,

Yeah it's the xres 100 DDC 3.2 . I have had no dramas with it at all. Never run it over 50% in this small build and it seems to work well. Also very quiet at that rpm.

I mounted it by drilling 4 holes in the front of the ncase frame. Very easy and solid. Also allows easy cable management.

Yes I mounted the noctua fan on the outside of the case. It's actually in push. All of my fans are on inlet with passive exhaust out the top of the case. Looking at a solution for exhaust in the top at the moment which will help get some of the hot air out of the system but of the different inlet/exhaust Configs with the fans I tried, running the bottom fans on pull, pulling air in from under the case and in from the rear of the case netted the best CPU and GPU temps.

That said when I was on air cooling I ran inlet on the rear with exhaust on the bottom with the best results.

Depending on the rads/fans you use your milage may vary.

I am hoping to use some taller feet so I can mount fans under the case and push air into the bottom allowing clearance between the rad and GPU. Hopefully this will net a few more degrees.

My temps are decent for a self contained sff case I think with real world use in games rarely seeing GPU temps over 55 and CPU temps over 65.

Gtx1080ti @ 2012mhz and 8700k delidded at 4.7ghz on all cores.

my questions ask away but I must say if you just want it to perform you can get a hell of a lot of bang out of a u9s and accellero 3, which will cost you about $150au
Water-cooling cost me about 5x that amount for very similar thermals and a little less noise under load with no difference in noise when normal usage.

That said I did it to see if I could and for fun, and it was a lot of fun.