Current and future owners of Ncase M1, please help me answer this survey

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Nov 20, 2018
Hello, everybody. One day ago, I contacted the friendly person behind u/NCASEdesign regarding the laser engraved logo on the front panel of the Ncase M1 asking if there were plans to sell it without that logo. The conversation went on briefly and he told me somewhere along the lines that for it to be worth making a change in the production lines there had to be demand. I asked him if I could conduct a survey to establish people's interest in a version of Ncase M1 without a logo; that's the subject that concerns us today.

Here's the deal, even though I'm currently bankrupt I can't stop thinking about how wonderful this case is, my dream is to build a computer on it, with the current market situation where practically all premium cases don't have a logo just makes me think that they should remove it from NCase M1.

Perhaps I am being a little pretentious in believing that I can generate such a change, after all, is the way it has been since its inception more than 5 years ago, but remaining silent is not going to solve the situation so I do not lose anything by trying (An example of this would be the upcoming Noctua Chromax fans available soon). So if you want to do your bit, or want to give 2 minutes of your day to a random guy from the internet, here is the link to the survey: https://******/forms/OosWec1QYj4MwoD23

P.S: Sorry for the ****ty Photoshop.

Drue

Average Stuffer
Mar 20, 2018
I just got an NCASE M1 in black, and I really wanted to remove the logo on the front panel. I was told that it was laser etched into the metal, so I gave up on it. I really wish there wasn't a logo on it.

Reactions: Kapsi

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Nov 20, 2018
I just got an NCASE M1 in black, and I really wanted to remove the logo on the front panel. I was told that it was laser etched into the metal, so I gave up on it. I really wish there wasn't a logo on it.
Personally I consider that the black version of NCase is ruined a little due to the logo, unfortunately our opinion doesn't seem to be very popular, however, I invite you to share the survey if you know people who might be interested, maybe we can generate a change.

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
I have the black version and it does not bother me what so ever.
It is the only real branding on the case apart from a plate on the rear.
The fact it is laser etched I suppose makes it a very permanent addition, but it is far from an eyesore.

Drue

Average Stuffer
Mar 20, 2018
I have the black version and it does not bother me what so ever.
It is the only real branding on the case apart from a plate on the rear.
The fact it is laser etched I suppose makes it a very permanent addition, but it is far from an eyesore.
What I don't understand is the need for branding. If someone is interested in purchasing the case, and is close enough to me to be in my home they would just ask me what it is. This is what I don't understand when it comes to branding on a pc case. It is unneeded.

Reactions: Supercluster

Drue

Average Stuffer
Mar 20, 2018
Personally I think asking them to not include their small unobtrusive logo on the front of the case is like asking an artist to not sign their work. At the end of the day it's their brand. It would like asking Apple to not put their logo on their phones.
A logo is one thing which becomes iconic like the Apple logo, but the words NCASE in white letters on a black panel is hard to say the same thing.

Maniac

Average Stuffer
Oct 18, 2018
I have the Silver version and the logo is very subtle, don't even notice it. And from certain angles not visible at all. But either way, it does not bother me one bit.

Reactions: For_Science

Ch3333z

Case Bender
New User
Dec 1, 2018
I think the argument isn't necessarily about whether the logo should be there or not - as that is purely subjective. I feel its about how permanent it is.
For a case that has had so much time/energy put into it so as to maximise customisation options, having a permanent logo is a restrictive design feature.

It's likely to be a cost thing while keeping it looking professional. Personally it doesn't bother me. Could be much worse and have those ghastly ROG/Predator "Gamer" logos included XD

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Recently bought a used Silver V5.0 and am delighted with it, even though is missing some original fittings. SFF LAB seem to have everything available at a reasonable price.
On the subject of the logo, it doesn't worry me at all.
I wouldn't pay to have a spare front without it; and has been said elsewhere, it is one of the least obtrusive case branding arrangements.

Kapsi

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Nov 20, 2018
I think the argument isn't necessarily about whether the logo should be there or not - as that is purely subjective. I feel its about how permanent it is.
For a case that has had so much time/energy put into it so as to maximise customisation options, having a permanent logo is a restrictive design feature.

It's likely to be a cost thing while keeping it looking professional. Personally it doesn't bother me. Could be much worse and have those ghastly ROG/Predator "Gamer" logos included XD
Oh God, I didn't think how lucky we are not to have one of those "Gamer" logos in the case. I agree with your opinion and I already sent the results to the person behind the Reddit user, in a few words he said that he understood my position and that in the future he was going to look for alternatives to change the presence of the logo especially in the black version, so time will tell.

I especially consider that a good alternative would be to include a logo that can be removed, something like the present in the InWin Chopin. Fuck, I feel clumsy for not having thought/said this before.

Reactions: Arboreal

Engr62

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 7, 2018
I've got a silver M1. I recently purchased a set of black panels to go with it. I like the logo on both the silver and the black.